QFAW DIV 1 & 2 - NORTH/SOUTH

Remove this Banner Ad

Big_cox

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I figured we might need a womens footy discussion going. Looking forward to seeing how a few teams in Div 2 go.

Hi all,

Didn’t realise this thread existed. Support Kedron, but just a general footy fan.

Agree that it is disappointing the disparity between sides. Perhaps a division 3 as well? Looks like some teams in division 2 would be competitive in div 1?

Saying that, looks like division 1 is pretty even.

Hi all,

Didn’t realise this thread existed. Support Kedron, but just a general footy fan.

Agree that it is disappointing the disparity between sides. Perhaps a division 3 as well? Looks like some teams in division 2 would be competitive in div 1?

Saying that, looks like division 1 is pretty even.

I guess a div 3 might work. There is prob only 3 or 4 benchmark teams in the north conference

It’s always tough for AFLQ. Women’s footy is still a new space and teams are improving very quickly throughout the league. Near impossible to ensure every league is equal and fair.

Okay ladies as we only have one game left after the bye l need you to help me out here

Umpires for 2019 div 1 and 2 pass or fail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final round of the year before finals.

Div 2 north their top 5’ teams are the teams that will go on to play finals.
Hinterland get the BYE week one.

Redcliffe v pine rivers should be a cracker with the winner of this game to finish in second. A loss could see either team drop to 4th. Redcliffes Jodie Timms is the current leading goal kicker so she will be out to try and kick a few as marooka have a player hot on her heels.

Ipswich v Sandgate should be a win to ipswich

Marooka v hinterland. Marooka will be out to try and secure leading goal kicker for salena catchpole. I’m sure hinterland will want to finish the season with a win before the week off. This game should be great.

Ipswich using their club president to umpire in Div 2 is questionable.

Games I’ve seen though Havnt been too bad . I’ve noticed Redcliffe use umpires who are in the system and usually are backing from the game before. This gets rid of any bias.
Questionable? No different to clubs using their own umpires in men’s ressies which happens every week, the president is a former AFLQ umpire and if they had their way he would still be on their books, pretty good calls it as he sees it and has sent our girls off in the past when deserved and penalised them accordingly . Definitely not biased that’s for sure

Last edited:
Ipswich using their club president to umpire in Div 2 is questionable.

Games I’ve seen though Havnt been too bad . I’ve noticed Redcliffe use umpires who are in the system and usually are backing from the game before. This gets rid of any bias.
Wouldn’t a club using fill in players from another club. Then beating another team be questionable?

I feel the way the finals play out that Redcliffe play Ipswich in week 1 of the finals. I think it'll be a great game. The game we got rolled by Ipswich a few weeks back we weren't our best by a long shot and we were without key players. Last minute change of location for the game and later time to start didn't go down too well. That said the eagles played extremely well.

I feel the way the finals play out that Redcliffe play Ipswich in week 1 of the finals. I think it'll be a great game. The game we got rolled by Ipswich a few weeks back we weren't our best by a long shot and we were without key players. Last minute change of location for the game and later time to start didn't go down too well. That said the eagles played extremely well.
Both teams have been in the top 4 throughout the season for a reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back