State of Origin QLD state of origin team application

Should Queensland have its own State of Origin team?

• Yes - They absolutely deserve their own team

• No - I'm a sissy cry baby who doesn't like change

• Queenslander!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get onboard the QLD train mate!
Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

But a new team needs players to establish itself. Clearly those players are going to come from existing clubs.

There are enough players and interest to field a standalone qld club.

I daresay you’re right but I also daresay you’ll be forced back into the Allies as this competition has a Vic/SA/WA bias and we’ve been the minnows for 20 seasons. The new Allies was Qld with smaller areas folded in, the rest of the areas combined doesn’t have the numbers.

I daresay you’re right but I also daresay you’ll be forced back into the Allies as this competition has a Vic/SA/WA bias and we’ve been the minnows for 20 seasons. The new Allies was Qld with smaller areas folded in, the rest of the areas combined doesn’t have the numbers.
Ok that is a fair point if the others can't fill a side.

I thought you may have enough.

Ok that is a fair point if the others can't fill a side.

I thought you may have enough.

I’d be surprised, it’s been a battle for years getting an Allies side up and that’s without losing the Qld contingent.

But if QLD alone have the numbers why wouldn't they be allowed to make their own side? I completely understand if there's not enough.

But if QLD alone have the numbers why wouldn't they be allowed to make their own side? I completely understand if there's not enough.

It’s just the way it is. There’s been times NSW/ACT could (and did) field their own sides but had to absorb into the Allies which was Qld and stragglers.

As I said earlier, this thing has always been biased towards the Vic/SA/WA “heartland” markets, much like the AFL SOO Allies it was actually a good thing that the other states and territories could merge and take on the machine and has pretty much been traditional for nearly twenty seasons. Unfortunately if one breaks away because they’re in a lucky hot streak of having enough posters than the other regions will likely die off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s just the way it is. There’s been times NSW/ACT could (and did) field their own sides but had to absorb into the Allies which was Qld and stragglers.

As I said earlier, this thing has always been biased towards the Vic/SA/WA “heartland” markets, much like the AFL SOO Allies it was actually a good thing that the other states and territories could merge and take on the machine and has pretty much been traditional for nearly twenty seasons. Unfortunately if one breaks away because they’re in a lucky hot streak of having enough posters than the other regions will likely die off.
Pfft. Racist.

It would be great to have a standalone Queensland Team … BUT the rest of the Allies regions wouldn’t be able to field a Team
You know this, when you think about it in the spirit of fairness and justice, sounds like a you problem.

It would be great to have a standalone Queensland Team … BUT the rest of the Allies regions wouldn’t be able to field a Team
Thats just an assumption. I'm going through the numbers now

Last edited:
Initial count of current Queensland and Allies players suggests that BOTH SIDES can field a full team!

I will check the remaining teams, but i doubt loosing a player here or there is going to affect anyone else.

Initial count of current Queensland and Allies players suggests that BOTH SIDES can field a full team!

I will check the remaining teams, but i doubt loosing a player here or there is going to affect anyone else.

Is Donald Trump counting the votes for you?

were going to win fast donald trump GIF by GOP

PM me a full list, we can nut it out. I say me, because the known Allies captain is a Queenslander.

Back