Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Alberton Qootball Club
The Swamprats

SWEET F.A. QOOTBALL
an introduction

I. Qooty: a Footy RPG
The Sweet F.A. (or simply SFA), basically speaking, is a role-playing game around the sport of "qooty." In other words, it is as if Dungeons & Dragons and footy had an offspring together; a "Footy DnD."

It is a completely different world — and I mean literally; there's even a Minecraft city with all the stadia. In all BigFooty, this is probably the nerdiest game and the nerdiest community there can possibly be. I believe that anyone who enjoys playing RPG would find a way to also enjoy the SFA qootball world.

II. How to Play
a. Clubs
The first step is to join one of the SFA clubs. There's a Sign Up thread set specially for that.

The clubs are different to one another. Each one has its own identity. Currently, there are 12 clubs; but expansion may happen in a short future.

If a particular club doesn't work for you, there could be another that may be more fitting. Players are free to switch clubs during the offseason.

b. Basic Roles
Anyone involved begin playing two roles: qootballer; and fan.

The qootballing part of the game is easy. It is fully automatic. It is given by the game Masters through the simulation program, although the field positions have distinct weights.

The fandom part is done through weekly match threads. Fans from the teams involved engage to one another before, during, and after the games.

c. Matches
Matches are posted on Sundays. It is normal for match threads to be up late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

d. Other Roles
Any other roles are up to the players themselves. They depend on how one approaches the game, his club, and the SFA community.

Some more experienced players may have official roles as coach/captain, match-thread author, club chairman, league commissioner, simmers, etc. Nonetheless, there are non-official roles as well.

One can be journalist, statistician, historian, bookie, agitator, lobbyist, etc. There is no need for prior experience for that. The only limit is one's own imagination.

III. It's Mostly Up to You Really
Ultimately, the SFA is an imaginative storytelling exercise. Still, it is that and more.

It is also an opportunity for knowing new people and making friends. The SFA goes beyond qooty, but one needs to get in here to find it out.

In brief, to all of those who didn't know before what the SFA is, I would like to say:

"Welcome to the Wonderful World of QOOTBALL!"

---

As you can see at the header, I play for the Swamprats. You are all invited to play with us.

The club is now known as the Sin City Swamprats, but it was born as ALBERTON Swamprats in 2004. It was the club representative of this board, before the league started detaching itself from the AFL.

The Rats have folded a couple of times. Then, it was rebranded and added red and gold to its original black and white colours. It is now also open for barrackers of other teams (we even have Crows among us – one, to be precise).

However, we still are the closest side to Port in the SFA. Our guernsey has changed a bit, but it has kept the prison bars.

1590893286867-png.884343

The club history is registered here:

Our current leadership group (S32) is:
philreich (C) - Port
jackster83 (VC) - Crows
GremioPower - Port
ant555 - Essendon
Catsnlakers - Geelong
SarahSmiles - Hawthorn

This was the official club thread for S32:

---

You probably have noticed a different match thread this week. The Sin City Swamprats are playing against the Pennsylvania Vampires, and, somehow, you would be able to play. Well, it's true. Welcome to the wonderful world of QOOTBALL!

Qooty and the SFA (the Sweet F.A.) are probably both the nerdest game and community in BigFooty (great job, Mobbs!). It is a completely different world — and I mean literally; there's even a Minecraft city with all the stadia.

I have enjoyed participating in them. It is basically a RPG, where we commonly play as both qootballers and fans. Some few may have other roles as coach/capitan, club chairman, league commissioner, etc.

I also play a role of journalist, covering this awesome rookie, an international sensation from Brazil, Gremio 'Atom Ant' Power. Every game and all my stats can be found here:

scs-logo-png.1227678

Sin City Swamprats
Alberton Qootball Club - Underground Stadium
Los Carraras Shopping Center, Nou Camp, Sweet

Last edited:
The Swampies also have carnival atmosphere clashes with my own Roys FFC once or twice a season (5 times a year) which commonly proceed into somewhat mystifying affairs which would probably quite closely represent any mixing of Port and Fitzroy fans had there been an option to bend spacetime.

Nice thread, GremioPower and thanks for letting me lob here for a minute (by default 'cos you tagged me). And yes, despite the quite chestbeaty argy bargy, it's definitely a nerdfest. However we don't paint our miniatures. We present them commando.

I miss the ALBERTON Swamprats. I enjoyed my time. this team is like supporting OKC when you were a sonics fan.
I totally understand, but the change was probably necessary.

I can't agree with the analogy, though. A closer one would be teams who have preserved their brand, besides moving away from their original cities: Dodgers, Giants, Lakers, Jazz, Rams, Raiders, Swans, etc.

The Swampies also have carnival atmosphere clashes with my own Roys FFC once or twice a season (5 times a year) which commonly proceed into somewhat mystifying affairs which would probably quite closely represent any mixing of Port and Fitzroy fans had there been an option to bend spacetime.

Nice thread, GremioPower and thanks for letting me lob here for a minute (by default 'cos you tagged me). And yes, despite the quite chestbeaty argy bargy, it's definitely a nerdfest. However we don't paint our miniatures. We present them commando.
I read Chipmunk's OP in the match thread and started thinking how one could explain to someone new what qooty is.

It took me years to join the league because I had no idea of what it was. After 12 weeks, it seems that I have finally understood it. It is a role-playing game (Millky95 called it "footy DnD").

The qootballing part of it is automatic. It is given by the game Masters through the simulation program, although the field positions have distinct weights. Everything else, however, is on the players themselves. It depends on how one approaches the game, his club, and the SFA community.

I believe that anyone who enjoys playing RPG would find a way to enjoy qooty and the SFA.

Last edited:
PLAYING A MATCH OF QOOTY

philreich is our captain. He just lifted the SFA Cup, after the Rats beat the Demons in S29 Grand Final.

He is also responsible to nominate the squad. There is still time for people to play in the Friendly against the Vampires tomorrow.

So far, Ant Bear and Mr39 have raised their hands and are in for the game. Come and play for the champions, you too!

I don't wish to distract the board away from Port. If the moderators allow me, I would like to post in this thread every once and a while (once every six months or so) just to keep raising awareness of BigFooty's Sweet F.A. community and the game of qooty.

This would be the first one.

Thanks.

Gee I'm glad I held back on posting my 4,000 word thread this week
This one was already written. :smilev1:

Christoffarken - played from S22 to S25.
72 games: 32 W, 38 L, 2 D
17 HO, 378 K, 335 HB; 243 M; 42 T; 27 FF, 41 FA; 24 G, 16 B.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back