Qox Sports 504: Mind of a rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than a article or a rumour or a interview, I thought it would be interesting to hear some of the Qox viewers goals when they first arrived in SFA. For those who don't understand this, simply what were the goals or objectives you had in mind to achieve in SFA in your first season.

A fellow journalist asked this to a current rookie Sab22, here's what he had to say.

"**** off ****" (Qox likes it PG rated) in the most polite manner.

So current rookies, sophomores, champions, HOF's, GOAT's, share with us your mind as a rookie last season or last decade ago.

Purpose of this thread to educate future rookies.

Season 26 rookie
giphy.gif

“Some of these weirdos have been doing this for years”
Yeah.... :disappointed:

I thought “this looks pretty cool” before proceeding to maybe post about 10 times all season (and only because of the constant tags).

I continued this for about another season or two, before I inevitably got delisted (I only found this out because it was one of the rare times I ventured to the board without a reminder from someone) and decided to come back as a renewed poster. An actual poster and not just a number. I put out a single post stating my intentions and said the first team to show interest had my signature.

That was when the SFA bug bit me and I haven’t left the Wonders since.

#firsttosix #wonderswinfinals

In my first season, I did not really get it. I read through the match thread but I rarely posted. It was not until the end of the Season 24 when the bug got a hold of me, somehow I won the Furies best rookie award (even thought manangatang was more deserving lol) and the fall of Haro was happening. That sort of entertainment got me hooked.

In my first season, I did not really get it. I read through the match thread but I rarely posted. It was not until the end of the Season 24 when the bug got a hold of me, somehow I won the Furies best rookie award (even thought manangatang was more deserving lol) and the fall of Haro was happening. That sort of entertainment got me hooked.
Nah you earned it dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was approached this year, and there was genuine surprise, no-one had approached me previously

I was totally lost the first 3 games, had no idea about the SIM, till maybe round 5 ......so I just bumbled along

It takes a while to develop your style .....so at the moment I'm treading carefully most weeks, with the odd post here & there, to show I'm active .....I hope to get seriously involved in the future, when I become more confident

I was approached this year, and there was genuine surprise, no-one had approached me previously

I was totally lost the first 3 games, had no idea about the SIM, till maybe round 5 ......so I just bumbled along

It takes a while to develop your style .....so at the moment I'm treading carefully most weeks, with the odd post here & there, to show I'm active .....I hope to get seriously involved in the future, when I become more confident
source.gif

What did you find funny? .....I took the interview seriously & I thought I spoke with a rare honesty, not usually seen on this Forum .....that's probably because I'm new & inexperienced
its genuine laughter.

It was a great post, good stuff.

Read back what you said.

Regardless if its posting or not, you said he lost to you whilst he was trying and you weren't

Nice put down compliment LOL.
Did not intent to make it a "put down compliment", aiming more self deprecating on me. I still think he should of won.

It'd be better if you just quit the league tbh

so at the moment I'm treading carefully most weeks, with the odd post here & there, to show I'm active .....I hope to get seriously involved in the future, when I become more confident
Heaven is a place on Earth. :hearteyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back