Quaddie fund

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
just throwing this out there. Would anyone potentially be interested in starting a quaddie fund? Idea would be that we'd run it in, say, three month blocks. People put in $X at the start, we turn it over several times in the three months by betting daily on quaddies, I or others in consultation with me can do the pricing which we use for the quaddies, and hopefully we return a profit.

Thoughts?

• Banned
I'll pass :D

Seriously though, if I did this I would start it in January, is it something you think you might be interested in?

I am actually thinking of running it more as a "punting fund", and while the main play would be quaddies this would leave us open to other bets when they looked good, like jackpots etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't Sportsbet do a punters club thing like this that we could use?

Id have a go if it was just a novelty thing (ie small investment and go for those big $$$)

Agree on both fronts - good to see you haven't gone totally insane :D

If x/10 I'd consider it
Don't Sportsbet do a punters club thing like this that we could use?

Id have a go if it was just a novelty thing (ie small investment and go for those big $$$)
Agree on both fronts - good to see you haven't gone totally insane :D

This isn't about a hit and giggle little stab in the dark, though. I am talking about running a serious fund, large outlay and daily betting. Basically like a managed fund in the stockmarket, but on racing. Investing $50 over a three month period, well, if that's all you think you can risk in three months then it's probably not for you.

Think of it this way... even if you're only in for the minimum $500, it's over about 90 days, so a risk of less than $6 a day.

OK, I'll bite.

If you are a long-term winner/make money for yourself - why do you need other people's money in order to bet with?

If you are a winner, surely you can bet with your own money and increase your own bank?

Asking for a friend...

Why not reduce the opening bank and just have metro meeting quaddies. Bigger pools as well. Have no interest in a quaddy at swan hill, moe,casterton etc etc.

i have a interest in making money though. i personally find it hard enough finding bets in major metropolitan races let alone having a sound quaddie play.

very competitive markets and pools in town IMO, Duritz would know more though.

OK, I'll bite.

If you are a long-term winner/make money for yourself - why do you need other people's money in order to bet with?

If you are a winner, surely you can bet with your own money and increase your own bank?

Asking for a friend...

Well I wouldn't be doing it for free... like with a managed fund there'd be a fee up front and a % of profit fee at the end. Managed funds tend to take 2% of the fund at the start and 20% of annual profit. I'm thinking I'd probably charge half that.

And outside of that there's a few reasons, one of which is it adds an extra element of interest for me, and could lead to other investment opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back