Quadruple double?

Remove this Banner Ad

The current members of the exclusive AFL Quadruple Double Club - 10 x Kicks/Handballs/Marks/Tackles in a game

Scott Thompson (Adelaide) - 24th May 2008 round 9 vs WCE : 17 kicks, 15 handballs, 10 marks 10 tackles
Joel Selwood (Geelong) - 25th July 2009 round 17 vs Hawthorn :19 Kicks, 23 Handballs, 10 marks and 11 tackles
Brent Stanton (Essendon) - 31st July 2011 round 19 vs Collingwood:22 kicks, 18 handballs, 10 marks, 10 tackles
Ben McGlynn (Sydney) - 19th April 2014 round 5 vs Fremantle:14 Kicks,10 Marks,10 Handballs,12 Tackles
Tom Rockliff (Brisbane) - 10th Aug 2014 Round 20 vs Adelaide:22 kicks, 18 handballs, 10 marks, 10 tackles
Corey Enright (Geelong) - 8th May 2015 round 6 vs Collingwood: 18 kicks,11 handballs,12 marks,11 tackles
Karl Amon (Port Adelaide) - 26th June 2022 Round 15 Vs Gold Coast: 16 Kicks, 10 Handballs, 10 Marks, 10 Tackles
Josh Dunkley (Brisbane) - 5th May 2023 Round 8 vc Carlton 22 Kicks, 11 Handballs, 11 Marks, 13 Tackles

Last edited:

How far back have people searched?
I did all relevant Swans I could think of a while back.

From memory, Ryan O'Keefe fell 1 mark short against Carlton was the closest. Hannebery and Mills fell 2 or 3 stats short on 3 or 4 occasions each. There were a few other unlikely players that fell 2 or 3 stats short like Mattner and 2 or 3 others, but can't remember who now.

LDU has had a quintuple double. Against Collingwood in round 17, 2022

Kicks, Handball, Tackles, Inside 50s, Clearances.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done something like this since?

Eu6qe4zWYAAIbvj.jpg

I50 and CLE don’t count.

Marks replace the former 2 all day and all of the night.

It has to be separate actions. You could have a kick that also counts as a clearance and I50, which makes it too easy.

I did all relevant Swans I could think of a while back.

From memory, Ryan O'Keefe fell 1 mark short against Carlton was the closest. Hannebery and Mills fell 2 or 3 stats short on 3 or 4 occasions each. There were a few other unlikely players that fell 2 or 3 stats short like Mattner and 2 or 3 others, but can't remember who now.
I did some searching this afternoon through afltables. Started a spreadsheet of my own for players getting close (missing by 4 or less).

Josh Dunkley has been close so many times.

May as well make it a septuple double with metres gained and bench minutes

Kick handball mark tackle is it for this, nothing else counts

May as well make it a septuple double with metres gained and bench minutes

Kick handball mark tackle is it for this, nothing else counts
Spoils/1%ers should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the thought behind this but every player can kick, mark, handball and tackle, but how many forwards are going to get 10 spoils a game?

The fairest 4 are KHMT
In Basketball (which this comes from) they can do it with any combo of points, assists, rebounds, blocks (irrelevant to guards) and steals (irrelevant to centres).

Start another thread for your worship of alternate gods, you philistine!
What's the argument against it? They are completely independent of the 4 other stats and in basketball (the game this has been stolen from) you can get it with 5 separate stats.

Dude. Just play along with the thread. Don't get me in trouble.
It's still highly unlikely to happen. The only one who's gotten close was Michael Hartley with 13/8/13 m/11 1%ers

What's the argument against it? They are completely independent of the 4 other stats and in basketball (the game this has been stolen from) you can get it with 5 separate stats.
1%ers are too subjective, and theyre made up of multiple things. They are made up of Spoils, Shepherds, Smothers, and Knock ons.

1%ers are too subjective, and theyre made up of multiple things. They are made up of Spoils, Shepherds, Smothers, and Knock ons.
Fine, spoils then. Which make up 90% of them anyway

Fine, spoils then. Which make up 90% of them anyway
For spoils to be included, it would be only to replace Marks - Otherwise it defeats the point of what makes a Quadruple double hard. 10 spoils is fairly rare, and usually done by players who get no where near 10 in the other categories. I doubt any player has ever met the criteria of 10 K, H, T and Spoils.

For spoils to be included, it would be only to replace Marks - Otherwise it defeats the point of what makes a Quadruple double hard. 10 spoils is fairly rare, and usually done by players who get no where near 10 in the other categories. I doubt any player has ever met the criteria of 10 K, H, T and Spoils.
Why? In Basketball you can get there with any of P, A, R, B or S. As I said, there is literally one bloke who's gotten close if we include spoils/1%ers. It's still incredibly tough to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back