Game Day Qualifying Final 1, 2021 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind of feel embarrassed as being one of the top 4 teams when we dish up crap like this.

Have to find a way this week to rework that structure without Dan and Eric next week.

Id define a successful season now as making the prelim.

You know the Lions are losing when our fans start picking out umpiring incidents and start calling out ”flog” opposition players. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many things going wrong.
I’ve said it all year - our lack of a plan b is embarrassing. So hemmed in from the backline.
The whole backline needs to be tighter. Zoning off doesn’t work in finals.
If there is a single defender of Birchall left here - please make your case. Joke of a player now. He even thinks slowly.

As much as people complain about Birchall (and his handball attempt there wasn't great), he cut off a couple of attacking plays in the first quarter due to his reading of the ball.

You could see the dam wall about to break early in that quarter.

They let us off easy.

People need to be realistic.

They're a very good side and far too good for us so far.

We've tried hard but our finishing and contested work slipped away as we lost confidence and energy.

Need to come out in the second half and play the sort of footy that wins finals otherwise it’ll be tough to turn our form around next week

A week ago I thought we had potential to be the Goku of the finals arc but sadly at this point we’re looking more like Krillin

I don't understand the reference, does Krillin not run defensively?

If our premiership credentials were on the ropes when Hipwood went down, McStay’s injury put us face down and twitching on the canvas.

The three tall forward line is essential to our system. Without McStay and Hipwood providing that upfield link up and dragging defenders with them, the whole thing falls over.

Sorry guys, but 2021 is cooked.

I’ll vacate for the optimists now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back