Women's Footy Qualifying Final, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haven’t had time to read the whole thread yet but I thought the crowd was a bit disappointing.
2675 officially, being there I thought there might have been a bit more than that but still a bit disappointing for a Semi.
Sunday afternoon is just a bad timeslot for a finals game. Especially when some of the mens games are playing at the same time. Could of had a significantly larger crowd had it been scheduled for Saturday night and if the mens team played Essendon on Sunday.

drapes11

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haven’t had time to read the whole thread yet but I thought the crowd was a bit disappointing.
2675 officially, being there I thought there might have been a bit more than that but still a bit disappointing for a Semi.
Junior grading games are on today, as it was we had to rush there post ours.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hickey has been on fire all season really. But yeh super great recently. We're peaking at the right moment. Ruby has finally hit her straps, Wardlaw is now getting into the games more than earlier in the season, Bodey and Orla are smooth in the f50. Davidson just needs to clunk a few more. And if our i50 entries to Hodder could not be dumped on her head she would be hitting the scoreboard more too.

Grider is also going super well, with Koenan and Campbell at their usual greatness. Monahan has been the surprise for me, has really grown into the season.

Dawes is at the best shes ever been, and Conway is so close to having the full breakout.

Now after all that pumping up... we can hardly lose! :)

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women

From reading some BL fb posts I got the impression there was children's footy on at the same time and that was going to stop quite a few people from being able to make the game. The scheduling of the match was really not ideal.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I see some here not liking the pies pushy-shovey attitude. Personally I loved it. One, because I dislike drama free footy and two, because it showed they had NOTHING. They weren't skilfull enough to beat us so they tried the intimidation route which didn't work. At all.

Must grate at them to have lost by so much more than they did at the preliminary last year but no doubt the excuses will be there about covid or the umps or the heat (which, to be fair would have been horrendous to run around in).

Enjoy another year of finals failure pie women we got an MCG prelim to win. GO LIONS!

I see some here not liking the pies pushy-shovey attitude. Personally I loved it. One, because I dislike drama free footy and two, because it showed they had NOTHING. They weren't skilfull enough to beat us so they tried the intimidation route which didn't work. At all.

Must grate at them to have lost by so much more than they did at the preliminary last year but no doubt the excuses will be there about covid or the umps or the heat (which, to be fair would have been horrendous to run around in).

Enjoy another year of finals failure pie women we got an MCG prelim to win. GO LIONS!
The Covid excuses already started at half time in the onfield interview with the Coach.
And after the game with his press conference.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
The Covid excuses already started at half time in the onfield interview with the Coach.

Was at the game so didn't hear the coach interview but that just strikes me as poor. Just show some class and admit your team aren't good enough. But can't do that because 'Brisbane are a nothing minnow club who shouldnt be any good at footballing because Qld is a non football state and only big Vic clubs understand football' /s

Ranting a bit there but it shits me to tears that we get no acknowledgement for simply being better than most of the comp.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The commentary team already lined up their excuses for them pre game before the bounce

Helicon1

Senior List
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking forward to seeing how Melbourne deal with us off a normal break and not facing us after three games in quick succession. The girls just ran out of legs in that game. Hope they run rampant in the prelim. Tackling pressure yesterday was immense. Wardlaw taking some lovely contested marks around the ground yesterday. Dakota will be back in the fwd line too as she missed the last meeting. Paxman was the one who did them in the last game. She reads the ball well and ran it out of the backline on numerous occasions too easily in the last meeting.
Such a great opportunity for the girls to play on the G. Hope the lap it up and put on a real show.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Be great if we can get there on mass n out number the Dee supporters....bit unfortunate it's not the snow season yet. I will be there cheering.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking forward to seeing how Melbourne deal with us off a normal break and not facing us after three games in quick succession. The girls just ran out of legs in that game. Hope they run rampant in the prelim. Tackling pressure yesterday was immense. Wardlaw taking some lovely contested marks around the ground yesterday. Dakota will be back in the fwd line too as she missed the last meeting. Paxman was the one who did them in the last game. She reads the ball well and ran it out of the backline on numerous occasions too easily in the last meeting.
Such a great opportunity for the girls to play on the G. Hope the lap it up and put on a real show.
A tad ironic she is a relation to the Paxman who played for the Lions mens team in its final year as Fitzroy.

Last edited:

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Am I slow to the party, or has Hickey really turned it up the last few weeks? She's been unstoppable.
Yep and she will be very important this week too, if she can give us first use it will make a huge difference.

Back