Game Day Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine it depends on Oscar having a good game. And Lachie going ballistic. And Dunkley playing well too, along with Berry. And Payne, for that matter, with Hippy and Joe kicking straight! Charlie needs to slot a few as well. Need Cam and Zac to play well too, come to think of it, along with Starcevich, McKenna, and Kids - no dodgy kick-ins please! Linc needs to take a couple of hangers and kick a couple, & Wilmot needs to keep his recent great form going. Zorks needs to hit those angle-changing darts in the forward half every time. And Clug, well, the set shots need to go keep going through the big sticks! Harris is having a great season - needs to dominate down back. Dev has to shut down whoever he's on. This is Fletcher's biggest game so far, I'm sure he's up to it. Of course, Lester just has to keep on doing what he does every game. And whoever is sub has to make an impact too. But I hope the real difference maker will be Cal Ah Chee (my fav player apart from Ashcroft). With the amount of crap he's gone through and had to put up with, he deserves a HUUUUGE finals series and a medal (or two..?) at the end of it. Go Lions!

Sorry to intrude you have had a great season and good luck. I think it's a 50 50 game.
Port are terribly underated by all. Sam Powell pepper is the one to watch in their foward line he goes under the radar and could be a match winner for them if not checked tightly, so it will be tight game but I think you just get over the line.
If so you probably play coll in the gf. And I think you can beat them. All the best

Vote 1 for:
  • win well (Lions)
  • no injuries (either side)
  • no post game controversies (well there will be something re Ken but that is normal but none of this score review or tribunal stuff)
  • Port scarred
  • professional emphatic win (Lions)
  • no last minute heart attacks
  • another two weeks to play (sigh)

GO LIONS!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!

Nervous Sweats GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sensible and reasonable side of me says I/we should not put such high expectations on our boys, it's tough for us fans but even tougher for the boys to go out there and win such important games..........and that every team/fans think they have the best to go all the way just like us etc etc....

....the emotional side of me says you can do it boys, go out there and each and every one of you give it all you've got. it's your time to shine so just win damn it!!

LET'S GO OUR MIGHTY LIONS!

The sensible and reasonable side of me says I/we should not put such high expectations on our boys, it's tough for us fans but even tougher for the boys to go out there and win such important games..........and that every team/fans think they have the best to go all the way just like us etc etc....

....the emotional side of me says you can do it boys, go out there and each and every one of you give it all you've got. it's your time to shine so just win damn it!!

LET'S GO OUR MIGHTY LIONS!
As long as our guys do their best and give it all they've got I'll be happy.

The two finals games played so far clearly illustrate that the best team on the day doesn't always win.

Calmness and precision in your execution of opportunities is critical when most of the play is centered around chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back