Game Day Qualifying Final: Adelaide vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Sydney were fantastic in repelling Adelaide's constant barrage of inside-fifties. Ted Richards and RTL tied up Taylor Walker and Kurt Tippett and Rhyce Shaw did the sling-shot out of defence. Hannebery was very good on the wing; Kennedy, O'Keefe and Jack put Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloane and Vince in knots for most of the day.

Adelaide's defence was good too – Ben Rutten played maybe his best game of the season. We think he is slow. Yesterday he made good judgement and used his body well. Brent Reilly held up your attacks on many occasions to be Adelaide's best, in my opinion. He stopped a loss becoming a thrashing or, rather, he kept Adelaide in the game for as long as he could. You can ask no more from a defender.

I enjoyed watching Lewis Jetta use the open spaces of AAMI Stadium to his advantage a couple of times. If you get to the MCG on GF day, he could still take you anywhere. Adam Goodes was sublime. He popped up at absolute key moments.

But mainly, this was Sydney of old – you extinguished our flair by putting your foot on our throat and not stepping off. I hope you win your prelim against Collingwood or West Coast. You should and all you have to do, then, is work out which foot to put on Hawthorn's throat.

Although I have to admit that if if Adelaide doesn't make it, the next best thing I want is a West Coast vs Fremantle grand final. That's highly unlikely, but I think it would be the sweetest moment of this decade.

Freo were sensational against Geelong – even better, I think, than you were against Adelaide.

Although i go for the lions, that win over the Crows was amazing!

Finally watched the game. Downloaded it Sunday (UK time) after getting broadband connected and stayed in media blackout until my son and I could watch it together. Great game.

How are the LRT detractors feeling ?

Nice to see Crows fans being good losers. Win or lose next week they will get more finals experience into their players.

To be fair to them I thought our back line would struggle without Grundy and that Morton probably didn't deserve to play out a whole game.

We can't always get it right.

Finally watched the game. Downloaded it Sunday (UK time) after getting broadband connected and stayed in media blackout until my son and I could watch it together. Great game.

How are the LRT detractors feeling ?

Ahoy Ahab.
Tis not how they feel, but how they look.

Ahoy Ahab.
Tis not how they feel, but how they look.

With eggs served sunny side up on their faces I suspect they look quite silly.

What always surprises me is LRT's pace. Despite his gangliness he moves like a fully stoked locomotive when he gets going with a head of steam. Love the physical way he plays and those long arms remind me of Dustin Fletcher. I wouldn't be calling the end to LRT's career for a very long time, especially given the sub rule, not many players are as versatile.

Do we have to be LRT haters or fanboys? What about those who found a happy medium and always thought he should be played down back where he belongs? I was feeling quite smug after last weekend's match.

Do we have to be LRT haters or fanboys? What about those who found a happy medium and always thought he should be played down back where he belongs? I was feeling quite smug after last weekend's match.

Do we have to put our players on a merry-go-round and take pot shots of the next player with a perceived weakness that passes an imaginary checkpoint? I'm guilty of having a crack on the odd occasion but there is some severe hatred (dislike for a better word) on here sometimes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back