Preview Qualifying Final - Changes v Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval, Saturday, 7.30pm- NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Very young finals side. Round 23 Melbourne on average had the 3rd youngest side with Gold Coast and Fremantle being younger. No one over the age of 30, 7 guys 21 or younger.

Brisbane’s 3rd year in the top 4, 2019 went out in strait sets. They know what a lack of finals experience can do, they are going to come out hard and rattle a few guys I reckon.

Very young finals side. Round 23 Melbourne on average had the 3rd youngest side with Gold Coast and Fremantle being younger. No one over the age of 30, 7 guys 21 or younger.

Brisbane’s 3rd year in the top 4, 2019 went out in strait sets. They know what a lack of finals experience can do, they are going to come out hard and rattle a few guys I reckon.

This is a fair consideration. But also really exciting to think of what’s still in front of us if we go out and play the kind of football we’re capable and win a flag this season.

This is a fair consideration. But also really exciting to think of what’s still in front of us if we go out and play the kind of football we’re capable and win a flag this season.
Yeah the Future looks really exciting.

2018 we also had a very young finals side and blew experienced teams in Geelong and Hawthorn away so I’m confident guys like Viney, Oliver, Petracca will be ready for it. Some of our young guys like Pickett and Spargo would love the finals heat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see May line-up on Cameron, with Petty taking daniher and Smith on mcstay. In fact I'm sure May has lined up on Cameron before.
I'd be extremely surprised. In fact it would be a silly move.

Imagine it'll be:
May -> Daniher
Petty -> McStay
Lever -> Fullarton
Rivers -> McCarthy
Smith -> Cameron

No point naming the Salem and Bowey matchups as they'll just stand near whoever's down there (Cockatoo etc).

I don't love the Smith -> Cameron matchup, at all, but I don't really see the alternative. Decent chance they try to negate Lever with McStay too.

Mays dominated Cameron before. Daniher isn't a huge threat inside 50.
Depending what mood Daniher is in on the night. I don't think we can underestimate him though. He kicked 4 on Barass last week who I rate highly and has kicked 45 goals for the year. May has already said to the media this week that he'll play on Daniher.

Surprised Hibbo didn't come in for Cameron but seems like they'll go with Smith. Huge job for Joel but I'm backing him in.

Someone mentioned that Sam Frost did a lockdown role the other week and did it well? I wonder whether this is the type of role they'll use Smith. I don't care if he doesn't touch the pill, if he keeps him to 1 or 2 goals then that's a pretty good win.

If Cameron gets off the leash and starts dominating Smith then they may look to put May on him and swing Petty onto Daniher.

I just saw the Gawn kick after the siren again on the front bar. It's my favourite footy moment of all time. Even more than the finals wins in 18, 06 and 2000.

I was young, so maybe the comeback against Carlton in 00 qualifying final was better but it's my favourite footy memory. Unreal.

I just saw the Gawn kick after the siren again on the front bar. It's my favourite footy moment of all time. Even more than the finals wins in 18, 06 and 2000.

I was young, so maybe the comeback against Carlton in 00 qualifying final was better but it's my favourite footy memory. Unreal.
It's between that and the Hannan goal for mine.

The Hannan goal was also about being there though...if I was there when Gawn kicked that, boy oh boy

The Hannan goal was also about being there though...if I was there when Gawn kicked that, boy oh boy
Fair call. That Hannan goal was incredible. I yelled harder during the Hannan goal with joy but I cried after the Gawn goal. It was different. Never been more proud to be a dees supporter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hannan goal was amazing being there especially in level 1 of the members. Amazing atmosphere. We basically had the game sewn up anyway it just put it beyond doubt which is my only caveat.

I actually think I prefer the Melksham goal the following week personally. I was top level of the southern stand surrounded by smug Hawks supporters as they hedged the margin back to two goals. They were sure they were about to overrun us. I went nuts after Melksham kicked it, and the Hawks supporters were silent for the rest of the match.

Like come on, with the occasion it has an argument to be one of the best goals of all time for a dee

It's actually one of the more incredible goals I've seen, but gets little fanfare. I mean a kick around the body at full speed, on the non-preferred, that goes straight through the middle? I've only seen blokes like Akermanis and Ablett Senior do that with their non-preferred.

It's actually one of the more incredible goals I've seen, but gets little fanfare. I mean a kick around the body at full speed, on the non-preferred, that goes straight through the middle? I've only seen blokes like Akermanis and Ablett Senior do that with their non-preferred.
From 50 and crossed the line on the full. Just beautiful

So good, I made it my avatar.

The Hannan goal was amazing being there especially in level 1 of the members. Amazing atmosphere. We basically had the game sewn up anyway it just put it beyond doubt which is my only caveat.

I actually think I prefer the Melksham goal the following week personally. I was top level of the southern stand surrounded by smug Hawks supporters as they hedged the margin back to two goals. They were sure they were about to overrun us. I went nuts after Melksham kicked it, and the Hawks supporters were silent for the rest of the match.
I was next to the cheer squad for both which definitely has an impact - Hannan was running right at me, whereas Melk was at the other end.

Hannan and Melksham goals have to be bigger than Gawn’s. It was a really nice moment, but finals simply mean so much more.

I actually hope the group re-sets a bit after the week we’ve just had. I think Goody has been excellent at doing it all year so I am sure we will.

Also low key never ever gets mentioned, the Melky goal on his left when Hawthorn were coming in the semi in the last quarter was amazing.
Taylor's a knob, but "GEE GOD BOY WOW!" was one of my favourites.

Like come on, with the occasion it has an argument to be one of the best goals of all time for a dee

Looked like he threw it out, but that Oliver ground ball get to win the clearance was clutch too, massive play, what a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back