Preview Qualifying Final - Changes v Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval, Saturday, 7.30pm- NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

They kicked 7 between them last time and we won comfortably.
Yeah people can come up with some weird crap. Like Fritsch and Brown have to kick 5 between them for us to win.

Nup. We need to score more than Brisbane.
We need to have the game played the way we want it. With spares behind the footy. If Brisbane can even up our back half without losing clearances they are a chance.

So many blind Smith haters. Like they dont even watch football, they still think hes the same player he was 4 years ago. Open your eyes, idiots.
I don't think wanting Smith out for Pig makes one a 'Smith hater'.

I just don't think Smith is smart enough for a player like Cameron who moves laterally. Unlike Rohan who runs in a straight line.

Saw something somewhere that the team thought Hunt might be able to play this week, which terrified me a bit. Do we all agree he’d be third choice behind smith and pig at this point?

And we definitely aren’t sitting Bowey I assume.

My main concern is with a number of younger players playing in their first final , how quickly they can settle for us . Get past that and i think we have the weapons to beat the Lions .

Saw something somewhere that the team thought Hunt might be able to play this week, which terrified me a bit. Do we all agree he’d be third choice behind smith and pig at this point?

That would surprise me as the original diagnosis was a month. I kind of get it as his leg speed could expose the Lions. He'd need to be training really well to be considered imo.

My main concern is with a number of younger players playing in their first final , how quickly they can settle for us . Get past that and i think we have the weapons to beat the Lions .
They've all stood up in big games. I don't think they will fear anything. Helps that we've got really strong leadership on every line these days.

That would surprise me as the original diagnosis was a month. I kind of get it as his leg speed could expose the Lions. He'd need to be training really well to be considered imo.
I like Hunt but I don't think we've missed him tbh. And things feel a little bit more comfortable with Bowey in the side, especially with ball in hand.

Even then he isn’t THAT much better defensively. Hunt is quick and tough but his lateral movement sucks, gets stepped a bunch.

Hunt defends well in the air, mainly what I meant. Can play above his size.

Was mentioned here. Maybe the team putting it out just to give the Lions a different dimension to prepare for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if it's just the coaches playing to keep our selection unpredictable.

Was mentioned here. Maybe the team putting it out just to give the Lions a different dimension to prepare for.

Beat me to it.

Nah I'd have Hunt ahead of both for now. We've missed that line breaking speed and he also seems to make Salem and Langdon play better. Maybe because teams put time into him.

Hunt offers some speed out of the backline that we otherwise lack but we're fine without him atm. He's been solid this year but not so good as to be irreplaceable.
Hunt is the kind of player a good team can carry. He doesn't contribute enough for s**t teams because of his kicking, but our opponents always are terrified of what he can do and seem to put time into stopping him.

This was a concern of mine playing Bowey.

I dont mind Smith playing because he gives us great flexibility to play smalls and talls. It's another element in being able to release Lever even more

But Bowey hasn't come up against quality small forwards until this weekend where Brisbane have Bailey, Cameron, McCarthy and Zorko who rests up forward as well.
Last week he got easily outmarked by Brad Close at one stage who is pretty much similar size.

I'd have Hibberd in for Bowey.

Think it's pretty likely that Riv gets McCarthy and Bowey gets Bailey. Big jobs for both.

Could argue it looks better with Hibberd in, but in my book you don't play a kid the last 3 rounds of the season and then drop him because you're scared playing on good players will be too much for him.

Hunt in for Bowey if fit. No question. Experience counts in this situation and you can’t put a premium on line breaking pace in finals. Especially with our bevy a mid paced midfielders.

Bowey looks promising no doubt. His time will come if he misses out.

Last edited:
Bowey on Bailey is not a matchup I like at all.

Happy for Bowey to come out this week due to Brissy's glut of talented smalls.

Hibb or Hunt (if he's fit somehow)

Think it's pretty likely that Riv gets McCarthy and Bowey gets Bailey. Big jobs for both.

Could argue it looks better with Hibberd in, but in my book you don't play a kid the last 3 rounds of the season and then drop him because you're scared playing on good players will be too much for him.
Bowey would get slaughtered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back