Opinion Qualifying Final Changes vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember what he said completely but he said the rains coming so maybe none of them will play, Sandi rucks 90% of the time anyway. However, what he says and what he does are often two different things. I sometimes think he is just ruminating out loud. I doubt we will go in very tall if it is wet though. Find out in two hours.

Agree, I don't think he particularly cares what conclusions journos draw from his answers.

Only variables I can think of-
Sutcliffe- Trained strongly but if there's any lingering doubt over the shoulder Duffield will play
Taberner- Alex Pearce could play second tall instead
I actually think Grey will get the start if Sutty is out. He impressed everyone and most importantly RTB.
I think AP will get the nod over Tabs. He's tougher and works harder and is miles ahead on skill.

I actually think Grey will get the start if Sutty is out. He impressed everyone and most importantly RTB.
I think AP will get the nod over Tabs. He's tougher and works harder and is miles ahead on skill.
One thing about Grey, is he is excellent in the wet iirc

I can't see a conservative selection policy going with a second gamer ahead of an experienced vet like Duffield in a final. Would like to see it though, I have severe hangups about Duffield's defensive efforts. I agree that Pearce is clearly more skilled than Taberner but I think you've been reading too many Silent Alarm posts if you think he's soft and doesn't work hard enough. Last week he attacked the footy like a maniac, no, he hasn't always played with that intensity, but I reckon he'd be chomping at the bit if he's selected.

I can't see a conservative selection policy going with a second gamer ahead of an experienced vet like Duffield in a final. Would like to see it though, I have severe hangups about Duffield's defensive efforts. I agree that Pearce is clearly more skilled than Taberner but I think you've been reading too many Silent Alarm posts if you think he's soft and doesn't work hard enough. Last week he attacked the footy like a maniac, no, he hasn't always played with that intensity, but I reckon he'd be chomping at the bit if he's selected.
Show me where I said Taberner is soft? I said Pearce is tougher and harder at it because he is. The one doesn't mean or imply the other.
And I reckon Grey showed he's up to the level and once you've done that you're in as far as Ross is concerned. I don't think he'd have any hesitation picking Grey.

Show me where I said Taberner is soft? I said Pearce is tougher and harder at it because he is. The one doesn't mean or imply the other.
And I reckon Grey showed he's up to the level and once you've done that you're in as far as Ross is concerned. I don't think he'd have any hesitation picking Grey.

To be honest I didn't know how else to take that, but fair enough. Have to agree to disagree on both counts.

At least no Stevic or Leigh Fisher. Don't know too much about Findlay. Margetts is a muppet and Razor Ray is hit or miss

Or Dalgleish. Or Nicholls. Or Pannell... Razor Ray is a knob but he's an okay umpire and Margetts has been better this year. Know nothing about Findlay either.

The one concern about Chamberlain is his grandstanding fetish. In front of a big, raucous home crowd he'll either play to it or go the other way and stick it up us. But yeah, better than Fischer, Nicholls and Farmer who in my biased and paranoid opinion are genuinely biased, anti-freo campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After what Margetts said about me personally on the weekend, I hope the campaigner slips over and misses the rest of the finals.

Razor, after from his look at me tendencies he isn't that bad of an umpire.

Is Ballantyne definitely on track to play?

The one concern about Chamberlain is his grandstanding fetish. In front of a big, raucous home crowd he'll either play to it or go the other way and stick it up us. But yeah, better than Fischer, Nicholls and Farmer who in my biased and paranoid opinion are genuinely biased, anti-freo campaigners.

Ray was good to us up until the Hawks game down in Tas this year where he was incredibly biased against us.

Mcpharlin named!

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 4m4 minutes ago

Frem/Syd, Ins - Pavlich, McPharlin, Sandilands, Johnson, Mundy, Spurr, Dawson, D Pearce, Ballantyne, Hill, Mayne, Walters, Sutcliffe, Fyfe.

Frem v Syd - Outs - Duffield, C Pearce, Mzungu, Hannath, Duffy, Crozier, Ballard, Smith, Langdon, A Pearce, Blakely, Weller, Grey, Hughes

So Clarke is playing the second ruck and Taberner still in.

The 14 inclusions are Fyfe, Ballantyne, Luke McPharlin, Aaron Sandilands, Michael Johnson, David Mundy, Lee Spurr, Zac Dawson, Danyle Pearce, Stephen Hill, Chris Mayne, Michael Walters and Cam Sutcliffe.

Alex Pearce (emergency), Clancee Pearce (emergency), Tendai Mzungu (emergency)

Paul Duffield, Jack Hannath, Max Duffy, Jacob Ballard, Tanner Smith, Ed Langdon, Connor Blakely, Lachie Weller and Brady Grey have been omitted.

Hayden Crozier (calf) and Ethan Hughes (calf) will also miss.

So Tabs stays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back