Game Day Qualifying Final Collingwood V North Melbourne Saturday 3 April @ Vic Park 3.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What the coaches said:

"There was certainly a lot going on, it was a bit of a chessboard in the last quarter. Our players thought their way through it in the end. Their ability to adapt to different positions and trying a few different things to try and get things going in the last quarter was really good. They adapted really well and whatever we threw at them, they adjusted. They've got such a fighting spirit, I'm just so proud of the way they continue at it." – Collingwood coach Steve Symonds

"It was a real game of momentum, I thought. The Pies came out and had the momentum in the first quarter, and I think we reined that back for a couple of quarters. It was a real arm wrestle, but to Collingwood's credit, they really responded at three-quarter time and found a way. They were kicking with a bit of a breeze in the last quarter and they definitely utilised that, but it wasn't the reason they won, they just gritted their teeth a little bit more than we did and found a way to win." – North Melbourne coach Darren Crocker

i wonder why the broadcast was ended so quickly after the game. A little disappointing

Yes absolutely - very disappointing indeed.

Chloe and Bri were held back from the main group for interviews too and I can't see where they might have been shown? They aren't on Kayo (which is fox footy) and they aren't on https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3433/coll-v-nmfc either.

Did anyone seem them?

Is she the best of the Browns?

I think it's fair to say, she along with her brothers need more kicking practice. 😋

It was by far the best game she has played and she kept on getting better as the game went on even down to the wire which was remarkable for any player yet along her first season ... it was such a hot day .... plus with Lambert coming off for quite some time it was an amazing team effort.

I thought Braz's last quarter was her old self too. I would imagine confidence wise it's pretty tough coming back from an ACL .... and to me, she rose to the occasion in that 4th quarter when we needed additional leaders to show the way, especially in the back line.

I think it's fair to say, she along with her brothers need more kicking practice. 😋

It was by far the best game she has played and she kept on getting better as the game went on even down to the wire which was remarkable for any player yet along her first season ... it was such a hot day .... plus with Lambert coming off for quite some time it was an amazing team effort.

Compared to the other women, she does ok with the kicking, although she might be shown up a little in 5 or 6 years time if the women keep improving. The surprising thing to me ...and this might seem strange....but the look on her face has changed over the season. She started out looking like a little girl both amazed and a little out of her depth, but she has a look of determination now. She's done a few things over the year such as baulks and spinning out of trouble which surprised me.

The thing that separates her from her brothers is that she might be a leading player in her league, while her brothers will be at the cameron cloke level.

I thought Braz's last quarter was her old self too. I would imagine confidence wise it's pretty tough coming back from an ACL .... and to me, she rose to the occasion in that 4th quarter when we needed additional leaders to show the way, especially in the back line.

Keep Brazill at HB, didn't like her up forward. She creates all the play off HB, so not sure what the purpose was of moving her to the forward line was....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back