Prediction Qualifying Final Crowd vs Hawks

What will the crowd be ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond had 90,151 attend a Thursday night in Round 1 against Carlton--- will easily get 90k+ there again for the QF when you add Hawks supporters.

As much as it disadvantages some supporters in the short-term, it gives Richmond quite an advantage in regards to days break for the rest of the finals (regardless whether we win or lose).

If we win the QF, we get the Friday night Prelim on a 15 day break Vs. most likely a semi-final winner coming off a 6 day break, then an 8 day break into the Grand Final.

If we (unlikely) lose the QF, we get a Friday night semi on an 8 day break Vs. a team coming off a 7 day break after an elimination final and then an 8 day break heading into a Prelim (against the winner of Collingwood/West Coast).

I'd take that type of advantage if it means we can make another Grand Final, even if it disadvantages some of our fan base (including members of my family who live in rural Victoria)
If we win I’d say we will be playing Thursday again.

I can understand the logistics behind the decision if you take out the days of the week. Minor premier kicks off the finals series, minor premier gets the best advantage of moving through the finals etc.

Thursday night does surprise me, but doesn't really affect me.

A little bonus is seeing Melbourne or Geelong's season come to a crashing end in prime time on Friday.

Yes there will , r1 is higher than that , still expect 90+
Afl have also made the melbourne friday night game the series ticket holders game. The afl needs crowd support for the friday night game. How wonderful if the winner of this game gets smashed by 30+ goals the following week (justice will be served to the afl for pumping geelong and melbournes tyres).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of the Thursday, i guess at least it gives us the additional day's rest. If we win we're definitely in the better side of the draw IMHO. Dees and Cats week two if we lose wouldnt' be looking forward too.

Glad we're not in the pies shoes, they got screwed in the draw... first time for everything i suppose.

Back