Prediction Qualifying Final Crowd vs Hawks

What will the crowd be ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The other * up here is that the loser of our QF will probably go into the Friday semi and hence the Friday prelim, while the other QF loser will go into the Saturday track. So the winner of our QF will get the Saturday prelim to avoid 6 day breaks - if thats us it means we're the highest ranked prelim host, but get the shorter break into the GF.
Here are the gifts we've been given for winning minor premierships in both the VFL and AFL

* 5 day break for any VFL players looking for selection in the AFL QF
* Country supporters can't go
* No Friday night exposure
* Shorter break into the GF should we make it straight there

* you Gil

Really not getting all the outrage here. Thursday night will still be a sellout, and the AFL know it. As far as Lambert and Butler are concerned, they'll be managed through VFL (if they play) this week and so will be fine with a 5/6 day break.

It's not a conspiracy against us guys

Good luck guys, Thursday is odd. Do you think it will effect the attendance? Intend to go but unsure if ill be outnumbered 3/1 or 2/1.

Dont expect much from the hawks you guys have always seemed to have our messure. But first time for everything just like a Richmond/Hawthorn final.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ill dump my own log instead

Can't believe I'm saying this but........................Pics or GTFO...............;)..............:D

The other **** up here is that the loser of our QF will probably go into the Friday semi and hence the Friday prelim, while the other QF loser will go into the Saturday track. So the winner of our QF will get the Saturday prelim to avoid 6 day breaks - if thats us it means we're the highest ranked prelim host, but get the shorter break into the GF.
Here are the gifts we've been given for winning minor premierships in both the VFL and AFL

* 5 day break for any VFL players looking for selection in the AFL QF
* Country supporters can't go
* No Friday night exposure
* Shorter break into the GF should we make it straight there

**** you Gil

No we would get the Friday prelim if we win as Adelaide did last year.

Just wondering gang......is the VFL(or equivalent) the only place AFL listed players can get a run ???........thinking about Kane & Dan?

No we would get the Friday prelim if we win as Adelaide did last year.
That worked because the other QF (ours) was played on a Friday night so the Cats just went Friday each week.
This year the opposite QF is Saturday so someone has to get lumped with a 6 day break to play a potential Friday prelim against us. The AFL have backed themselves into a corner and the only way out is a Hawthorn win in the QF.

Can't believe I'm saying this but........................Pics or GTFO...............;)..............:D
it will cost u..

0389YIY0f-T4xvY91G2dUL9EsRkYsG2YvlZCkPzGvOC9VmBqac2ny3_Z6iB55NCMoyeWHOO48BmsEZz6D_RIIeQDZrZIQGHmClA4Py4=w480-h270-nc

That worked because the other QF (ours) was played on a Friday night so the Cats just went Friday each week.
This year the opposite QF is Saturday so someone has to get lumped with a 6 day break to play a potential Friday prelim against us. The AFL have backed themselves into a corner and the only way out is a Hawthorn win in the QF.

I think you’re probably right...

AFL are expecting WC to win so are planning to give them a longer break because they have to travel from WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the inconvenience for supporters on the scheduling of the four finals, but the hysteria is ridiculous and l for one are really pleased that we have been chosen for the Thursday night.

the number one priority for our club must be getting the time that suits the team. Not the supporters. Trying to allow all the finals team sufficient day breaks has to be the priority. Were we to lose against Hawthorn, we'll appreciate the fact we are playing on Thursday.

This is about the team, and giving ourselves the best chance to win the flag.

it will cost u..

0389YIY0f-T4xvY91G2dUL9EsRkYsG2YvlZCkPzGvOC9VmBqac2ny3_Z6iB55NCMoyeWHOO48BmsEZz6D_RIIeQDZrZIQGHmClA4Py4=w480-h270-nc

I could say I sadly don't have the money...........But it would be......Lies, all Lies !!!..........I'm more like.....Relieved :p

I get the inconvenience for supporters on the scheduling of the four finals, but the hysteria is ridiculous and l for one are really pleased that we have been chosen for the Thursday night.

the number one priority for our club must be getting the time that suits the team. Not the supporters. Trying to allow all the finals team sufficient day breaks has to be the priority. Were we to lose against Hawthorn, we'll appreciate the fact we are playing on Thursday.

This is about the team, and giving ourselves the best chance to win the flag.

It sucks for supporters. You are right thou... doesnt bother me to much i just wont work friday just means long weekend :p

It sucks for supporters. You are right thou... doesnt bother me to much i just wont work friday just means long weekend :p

Agree. The Butler argument is a nonsense too. He is no chance of being selected for our first final. He's missed way too much footy to be considered after just a one-game VFL hit up. Even if we were scheduled for Sunday, he wont be selected for the first week of finals.

Lambert is different. For one... he's a GUN.

Agree. The Butler argument is a nonsense too. He is no chance of being selected for our first final. He's missed way too much footy to be considered after just a one-game VFL hit up. Even if we were scheduled for Sunday, he wont be selected for the first week of finals.

Lambert is different. For one... he's a GUN.
Agree with that aswell Lambert walks straight back in Butler plays a full game in VFL then puts his hand up for our 2nd final

The AFL have shafted fans of both clubs. A Friday night match billed as the blockbuster it should be, first time EVER the 2 clubs have met in a final, and would have sold out.

There are many interstate members who cannot go now thanks to the Thursday timeslot.

Good luck guys, Thursday is odd. Do you think it will effect the attendance? Intend to go but unsure if ill be outnumbered 3/1 or 2/1.

Dont expect much from the hawks you guys have always seemed to have our messure. But first time for everything just like a Richmond/Hawthorn final.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers bud.

I reckon you'll find it is pretty even in terms of support. Hawks have always been up and about during finals. This is a bit of history as unbelievably the first time we've played each other in a final. I feel a connection with Hawks as there's a few of you lot in my family and, more importantly, we both annoy the s**t out of the Geelong nuffies. Barry Rowlings and Peter Welsh also two of my all-time favourites.

Let's pack out the 'G, and may the best team win.

Back