Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
So we get Kenny from Camperdown and his team from Alberton in the QF.

Interesting match up. Both teams are exhilarating at times, have powerhouse key forwards, midfield bulls and modern day greats - but deep down both sets of fans will be terrified their team will be 6 goals down at quarter time.

We have a good record against Port, I think we’ve lost two against them since 119?

Anyway, a few selection decisions to make.

It should be a non negotiable that we bring in one of Atkins or Close to play a tagging role on Byrne-Jones or Houston. Port set up so much through those HBFs and we can’t let them get clean and easy disposals.

Hawk was dominant last time against them but they won’t give him that type of space again. Does Sav keep his spot?

If Stanley plays as we all hope, does Blicavs stay down back? If so, that should mean one of Taylor or Hendo misses. Playing three KPDs against Dixon and a bunch of fleet footed players like Rozee, Motlop and Gray seems a disaster waiting to happen.

I think based on matchups we can win this game. Though the bye concerns me, and our form isn't exactly sharp the past 2 rounds.

Port will go in with Dixon, Ladhams and Marshall as key forwards which will mean we will pick all of Taylor, Henderson, Henry and Kolo.

Reminder - please allow one of the mods to start threads relating to matches, including previews, game day, review etc

An official preview thread will be started in due course - likely in the morning once I'm more awake (and hopefully the AFL can make an official announcement regarding week 1 finals)

Thanks for your understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back