• Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Port Adelaide 0 -> 25

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Port Adelaide 26 ->50

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Port Adelaide 51+

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • One sided game & smashing win (undecided on winning team)

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has me worried. From the HeraldSun....

“JUST quietly, the Cats are only just going. In the past five weeks they rank 15th for conceding scores from inside 50ms, ahead of only Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Essendon. They are dead last for allowing teams to move the ball from one end of the ground to the other with plenty of red lights going off for Chris Scott. The drop started after the Cats smacked Port Adelaide in Round 12.”

“JUST quietly, the Cats are only just going. In the past five weeks they rank 15th for conceding scores from inside 50ms, ahead of only Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Essendon. They are dead last for allowing teams to move the ball from one end of the ground to the other with plenty of red lights going off for Chris Scott. The drop started after the Cats smacked Port Adelaide in Round 12.”

Our frontal pressure has been woeful of late.

Positive Spin:
4 wins 1 loss.

if it wasnt for chappy it would of just been another scott finals choke against a vastly inferior side.

chappy never played for geelong again. We wanted to play dour defensive fowards instead like george burbury.
Yep. Got rid of a legend of the club, who just singlehandedly got us our only final win, who took less pay over most of his career out of loyalty to replace him with...........

if it wasnt for chappy it would of just been another scott finals choke against a vastly inferior side.

chappy never played for geelong again. We wanted to play dour defensive fowards instead like george burbury.

Burbury wasn't much of anything... the only thing I remember about him was he lost some teeth in a game. 2014 was a monumental fitness screw-up, but 2013 was our last genuine chance (blame the Freo game more than the Port one).

Yep. Got rid of a legend of the club, who just singlehandedly got us our only final win, who took less pay over most of his career out of loyalty to replace him with...........
Got rid of?
He was offered a 1 year deal, wanted more, got more at Essendon.
Other legends from other clubs have been handled in similar fashion- Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis; SJ, Bartel, Kelly. He made the tough choices for the betterment of the club at the time.

Burbury wasn't much of anything... the only thing I remember about him was he lost some teeth in a game. 2014 was a monumental fitness screw-up, but 2013 was our last genuine chance (blame the Freo game more than the Port one).
Believe me i blame the freo game. It was the start of the chris scott era that freo game. The turning point of the entire competition. We beat freo and i wouod argue that hawthorn dont have any dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got rid of?
Other legends from other clubs have been handled in similar fashion- Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis; SJ, Bartel, Kelly. He made the tough choices for the betterment of the club at the time.
no he was told they would only play him half tge season because they wanted to give other players like George burbery, jordan murdoch and lincoln mccarthy more game time up foward.

Got rid of?
Who could care less what Hawthorn did. And it didnt work for them anyway.
Chappy won us premierships not them and was a massive pillar to our finally tasting great success and so important to the club.
Even more than Chris Scott which is the only reason your pretending to agree with such a decision due to your painfully obvious and tiresome agenda.
Such loyalty was rewarded with going out and getting a top club man in Mitch Clark.
Betterment of the club?

Lot of this is effort based. Long season in hub. Reckon they steeled themselves when they arrived in QLD and played our best football. Have sagged a bit mentally since, bulldogs win full of merit in retrospect.

Geelong and Richmond are only teams who have done this on the road all season. The other three teams around us (Port, Lions and Eagles) have had home comfort.

We have been second best team to Richmond for a while now and both clubs deserve credit for getting top 4 in very difficult circumstances.
Few ungrateful supporters around here who don’t acknowledge how big of a result this has been.

I think Geelong and Richmond will show their class now the finals have arrived. And Richmond are going to be very tough to beat.

Sorry if this has been asked, but do we know what the quarantine/COVID rules are for this? Will we be required to fly in on the day of the game like has happened throughout the season?

Being a night game will help, but still, it’s not great preparation for a final.

Think Collingwood came in the night before, they were saying on the telecast

Now that the whole league has worked out our game plan, we need to have a working plan B. So far this year, so good. From here forward, that's one of the keys.

The Swans should be a wake up call- we will struggle with teams who are good on the outside run. We lacked good extraction and also our hard defensive midfielders went missing. Hopefully Selwood will get his full game back soon. Port have both inside and outside cred, and won't make the same mistakes against us as last time.

We seem to have young guys who *on occasion* make poor decisions or choke under pressure and let's hope they play with more level heads this time. Miers is the model of having a really poor game every now and then when playing as a link player up the field. Nearly cost us vs. Swans. But he always seems to bounce back and put in a ripper the next week. Good sign. Rato....well, I hope he doesn't play again this year. Talented but an absolute choker under pressure. Cost us many a-goal and a crucial game this year. Next year he might be ready to take the next step.

Steven- I like him. But he's puzzling. Not the star he was at Saints. Unsure for me, but ok.

In: Stanley, Atkins.
Out: Rato, Steven.

What are you worried about? We're still ahead of Hawthorn ;)

no he was told they would only play him half tge season because they wanted to give other players like George burbery, jordan murdoch and lincoln mccarthy more game time up foward.
they would have played Chappy if his form and fitness warranted it- we see that this year with a lesser player in Hendo.
Don't kid yourself that this was not the case.
Rightly or wrongly, Chappy thought he deserved 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back