• Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Port Adelaide 0 -> 25

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Port Adelaide 26 ->50

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Port Adelaide 51+

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • One sided game & smashing win (undecided on winning team)

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't win the flag without him, so I think like sellers they've been ultra conservative. Think he tweaked his groin so they've rested him.

edit: The addy today have him ready to go, and on Krock they said they'd have played him against the Swans if it was a final. So it's purely cautionary.

Cheers for that. I choose to be reassured by the club's thinking:thumbsu:

Totally love Chappy, the bald head in the #35 was great to watch - last time I checked he wasn't in contention to play this coming finals series...

There's other threads to discuss the same old arguments, so within this thread can we please try to focus on the current times, squad, finals series etc

Cheers

I'm aware of that but I'm banking on Brisbane beating them now that Andrews is back and question marks still on Lynch. It's going to be hard for Nank and Chol to ruck against Martin and the big Ostrich.

I think Brisbane at their best can beat them but they have a bad record against Richmond so i wouldn't count on it.

Anyone else think Dalhous may be shaky in our Top 22?
I strongly feel we need an Atkins as a pure pressure forward now GAJ is back. Also I think we HAVE to find a way to get Clark back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolded, red letters are jarring to look at with the BF darkmode
You're right - I don't normally use darkmode but grabbed my iPad to check it out, and agree that the bold red isn't in darkmode

Sorry

I strongly feel we need an Atkins as a pure pressure forward now GAJ is back. Also I think we HAVE to find a way to get Clark back in.

Clark isn’t playing. Would be 3-4 not in side ahead of him.

Lukey plays. Every day of the Week. Not even a question.

Hard to get a read on Dalhaus.
Sometimes he seems to run around like the energiser bunny and do sweet FA but other times he gets it done. I am hoping he is a big game performer who will step up when the tough get going.

Notwithstanding finals pressure and lowering expectations from 10 goal win to 5 goal win, can they plan for Hawkins/Danger/Ablett?
Learn and plan from the defensive smashing they were given? What can they change-kick straighter, win more stoppages?

Winning form is good form-we've been winning, as have they. Personnel? Same side for them, add Ablett for us (minus Fogarty, Simpson).

Is the last result against us (or 119) more psychologically challenging to them than ours?
The best laid plans of mice and men- sure to go astray Kenny boy (unless the skills are there to act on them)
Which makes my only concern our slow starts. Let them get the jump and the narrative falters.

This post and I mean no offence sounds mighty like the type of stuff posted in these woods in the weeks prior to the 2017 QF against the tigers. Maybe I was one of those but these days I’ve drifted to the dark side and have little confidence in the Cats under finals pressure. Another humiliation coming up.

Port will step up and we’ll step down. Scott will make a bizarre team change which will undermine everyone’s confidence - too numerous to mention - then a stupid news conference after will add salt to wounds before a depressing listen the next week to Benny Cass.

Mmmm....can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played pretty well last week....he'll play IMO.

Scott seems to think that historical failure does not contribute, a completely different side, opponent and circumstances.

In some respects I see this as true, the physical/skill/matchup/peaking aspects really do tend to matter more than the (also) important mental application. Without knowing the inner thoughts of each player, it's a gross generalisation to say things like "they're in our heads" and has nothing to do with preparation and acknowledging your opponents strengths. If after bye losses were psychologically based, professional assistance would have sorted that by now (my area). Sports psychology has it's place, but it really is more a matter of competent personnel for the likes of Carlton, Melbs, Sainters, and now Hawks (hah).

Positive team belief in the ability for one's team to lift is obviously a result of previous encounters across the season, but previous finals failures belong to another day and another team.
Previous finals failures belong to another day and another team. I get the argument but I don’t agree.

Henderson but that's a structure change admittedly.
Dahl has been down on form lately I could see him going out. I want Parfitt in but I don't think he is a lock.
Personally I'd drop kolo but that won't happen.

Ive never been a Parfitt fan - however at the moment he looks switched on and really focussed on his football - which i dont think he has allways been

Like you say - the only way possible Steven keeps his spot is if they drop Henderson - but i cant see that happening - as the picture evidence showed - Taylor and Henderson double teamed Dickson - and if you go back about 3 years those 2 double teamed Franklin - when Geel had a big win over the Swans in a knockout final - those 2 put Franklin right out of the game

Looking ahead ( which is a dangerous thing to do ) but if Geel somehow progress to the GF - and it will be against Rich - then at that point i would drop Henderson and id bring in Sav - and i would feed him the angry pills all week - get him in the boxing ring - get him fired right up - get him really aggro - and tell him to throw his weight around ( all within the rules of course ) and if Rich players get in the way then bad luck - and of course take some of those lovely high marks and kick some goals

I thought you were talking about who Atkins could replace. The only player he can replace is Steven.

Stanley can replace Henderson or Ratugolea.
The problem with playing Atkins is he just doesn’t do anything.
He is the Chris Dawes of our team. In for structure but does nothing.
Haha Dawes / Buckley got rid of him quickly.

The problem with playing Atkins is he just doesn’t do anything.
He is the Chris Dawes of our team. In for structure but does nothing.
Haha Dawes / Buckley got rid of him quickly.

Eh? When Atkins is on he's probably our best tackler and pressure player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back