• Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Port Adelaide 0 -> 25

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Port Adelaide 26 ->50

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Port Adelaide 51+

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • One sided game & smashing win (undecided on winning team)

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone else going to the game? I'm feeling like I'll be extremely outnumbered
Went in 17- it was eerie. We were in the queue to walk in, 3 of us from Melbourne, and it was almost impossible to see another Cats fan.
Awesome place for footy, and loved walking around Adelaide post game; in fact a great weekend; just the game of footy was a dampener.
I don't think the crowd can be anywhere near that number tomorrow?

Went in 17- it was eerie. We were in the queue to walk in, 3 of us from Melbourne, and it was almost impossible to see another Cats fan.
Awesome place for footy, and loved walking around Adelaide post game; in fact a great weekend; just the game of footy was a dampener.
I think 25k? Even with those numbers, they'll be loud and feral. Need to shut them up early.

I think 25k? Even with those numbers, they'll be loud and feral. Need to shut them up early.
That'll be like our home games. And it's not a prelim, less at stake, but still beautiful to win one interstate.

Worth the risk for both of them. What if Hawkins did his back or did someone else's schnozz? Jenkins straight in
Jenkins didn't get a chance to find any form due to being out of action with back problems so it's not fair to judge him on this year. Steven had an interrupted pre-season and early part of the season. We may yet need to call on them in the finals.

Actually the worry is getting the ball down there to see what Hawkins and co. Can come up with. Our scoring in finals just dries up under stifling pressure. Hope we get enough looks. Port’s plan will be to limit supply so clurey and co don’t need to worry so much.

Their plan will be to beat us at stoppages, which will indeed limit supply IF they go harder and it comes off.
Expecting all our boys to have their head over it and someone to hamper Boak and Gray, Dixon to fade.
Ken may have been one of the fold, but I think our coaches have the edge.

It's a sell out but not sure what they capped it at.

2017 was shocking, I don't get to see them in the flesh often especially in finals so winning this would be a great way to erase that memory. I think that might have been the one I walked home from. Was a bit salty

It's a great ground though. Really good for cricket on the hill.

Yes so a poor pick up. He & Jenkins wasted inclusions this year.

Jenkins cost us a 4 pick downgrade in the draft, and the majority of his salary covered by the Crows - they just wanted him out after he became vocal about their culture issues. Steven cost us Pick 58 - a pick we got for Zac Smith (hasn't played a game this year), and he is only 30 next year with a good few years left in him if he has a pre-season without any external issues - getting stabbed would f*ck up anyone's year, let alone mental illness and COVID-19 for good measure.

Neither cost us a thing, and Steven was honestly more for him than for us. If he can even give us a half a season as depth when we need him, then it's not wasted. If Hawk goes down, Jenkins can come in - as others have mentioned. That's what he was brought in for, and it's good we don't just have Rata, but have him and Jenkins for both the ruck/forward combo.

It'd be different if we gave up a lot for either of them, but it cost us very little for both of them - and helped both of their personal lives, as they both seem to be a lot happier with us. Can't put a price on that, and even if you could, it's still very little when considering what we gave up/what the possible return could be

Jenkins cost us a 4 pick downgrade in the draft, and the majority of his salary covered by the Crows - they just wanted him out after he became vocal about their culture issues. Steven cost us Pick 58 - a pick we got for Zac Smith (hasn't played a game this year), and he is only 30 next year with a good few years left in him if he has a pre-season without any external issues - getting stabbed would f*ck up anyone's year, let alone mental illness and COVID for good measure.

Neither cost us a thing, and Steven was honestly more for him than for us. If he can even give us a half a season as depth when we need him, then it's not wasted. If Hawk goes down, Jenkins can come in - as others have mentioned. That's what he was brought in for, and it's good we don't just have Rata, but have him and Jenkins for both the ruck/forward combo.

It'd be different if we gave up a lot for either of them, but it cost us very little for both of them - and helped both of their personal lives, as they both seem to be a lot happier with us. Can't put a price on that, and even if you could, it's still very little when considering what we gave up/what the possible return could be

Or if Hawk gets...........don't even say it. That thing you used to bring home from School.

That's both a humane and opportunistic way to look at it.
For the insurance, as previously decorated players, they've earned their list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went in 17 also - got a seat on one of the supporter buses organised by the club

Most annoying thing I found was walking to the ground (after a couple of pre-match drinks at the pub) and seeing the posters adverting supporter buses for Adelaide fans going to the grand final - just seemed to be the most arrogant thing to be promoting before the ball had been bounced

I had ticket, first row behind the goals which was great seats to watch the Charlie show in the first quarter, and then later in the match watch Menzel burn the captain when he attempted a shot on goal he was never going to make

The bus ride home wasn't the best experience & made worse by the result - it was already minimal rest breaks & the toilet on the bus was full before we got halfway back to Geelong. And I didn't have the most comfortable of seats either, so back was killing me for the next week

One bonus from that trip though, on each bus they ran a quiz & the prize was a team signed guernsey (with certificate of authenticity) - while phone reception may not have been great the bus did have wifi which I was smart enough to log into & I knew the best websites to use for quick info. Added that to my other signed items

It's gameday, where's the thread already? :p :p :p
Waiting for the clubs tweet or Instagram post so it makes for easy info in the opening post :D

So probably in the morning, after I've bothered to go to bed and then wake up 😂

I went in 17 also - got a seat on one of the supporter buses organised by the club

Most annoying thing I found was walking to the ground (after a couple of pre-match drinks at the pub) and seeing the posters adverting supporter buses for Adelaide fans going to the grand final - just seemed to be the most arrogant thing to be promoting before the ball had been bounced

I had ticket, first row behind the goals which was great seats to watch the Charlie show in the first quarter, and then later in the match watch Menzel burn the captain when he attempted a shot on goal he was never going to make

The bus ride home wasn't the best experience & made worse by the result - it was already minimal rest breaks & the toilet on the bus was full before we got halfway back to Geelong. And I didn't have the most comfortable of seats either & back was killing me for the next week

One bonus from that trip though, on each bus they ran a quiz & the prize was a team signed guernsey (with certificate of authenticity) - while phone reception may not have been great the bus did have wifi which I was smart enough to log into & I knew the best websites to use for quick info. Added that to my other signed items

That's just dinosaur, like days of old when we made sure the oppo's showers were cold.
Gold Coast wouldn't even think of pulling that bus to ground shite.
We won the signed members draw guernsey- bloody 2008.

Edit: Oops, didn't read properly, thought meant to Adelaide ground (and half cut).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back