Game Day Qualifying Final v Sydney, MCG 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't had the chance to watch the game yet, but what was the feel throughout the game for you guys? Are Sydney the real deal from your view? Did the Dees not fire on all cylinders?

For some time I've been feeling Melbourne and Sydney are the only teams for a Cats supporter to be worried about in September, if we can get past the pies.

Yeah, because we have no fire power up forward. Even 2 goals down and the games generally feel over because we have a horrendous forward line and no key forwards.

Should probably create a matrix meme for this but can't be ****ed: What if I told you you don't need a good forward line if you have some mids and half forwards that can actually hit chests. What if I told you we could kick far more goals if we move the ball with some sort of speed...

Look it's hard to argue with last night, more spewing at guys like Melk blowing very getable chances than Brown still honestly.

Last edited:

I haven't had the chance to watch the game yet, but what was the feel throughout the game for you guys? Are Sydney the real deal from your view? Did the Dees not fire on all cylinders?

For some time I've been feeling Melbourne and Sydney are the only teams for a Cats supporter to be worried about in September, if we can get past the pies.
I’d be pretty concerned about Sydney and Collingwood. If somehow you got us in a GF you’d win by 10 goals.

Yeah, because we have no fire power up forward. Even 2 goals down and the games generally feel over because we have a horrendous forward line and no key forwards.
Sydney's key forwards did absolutely nothing last night, they didn't need goals from them. They just outran and out pressured us all night and nailed their ball movement, clogging up our forwardline to force us to play safe.

Sydney are the real deal. Clean and composed, good pressure, moved the ball well.
We definitely had our chances, but blew a lot with fumbles/taking s**t options/skill errors. They aren't unbeatable, but are a hard team to crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back