Review Qualifying Final vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in the Preliminary! US! PORT! Ken Hinkley's Port! Can you believe it? I barely do...

We aren't choking. We are hanging it on there, even when things are not going in our way. We aren't throwing the towel. We aren't getting into stand-by mode. We are rebounding from our mistakes. Players keep stepping up when we need them to.

I have no idea on what is happening, but I am loving it!

---

Our strategy against Hawkins was letting him win, but only in the pockets. He missed his first shot, then scored a couple of behinds. That got under his skin, and he ended up goalless.

It was risky, but it paid off really well. Still, we needed to shut him down in the corridor and we did. So kudos to our defense; specially McKenzie.

---

We have played 68 quarters during the Minor Round. We had won the quarter with fewer scoring shots ONCE (Q2, v. GWS).

We won TWO tonight.

Absolutely bonkers!

---

CARN THE POWER!!!

---
It was good for me. The Cleveland Indians just got swept at home by the Yankees of all teams. Alas!, we can't have it all...
And we have beaten Richmond and Geelong this year already.

Just on thatgoal, it shouldn't have happened. The mark at half forward was line-ball OOF, but the boundary ump cleared it :mad: but then the bloke ran along the outside of the boundary, instead of in a straight line from where he started to the man on the mark ie. he deviated off the line and therefore it should have been called play on and hence a throw-in. Even kicked it outside the boundary after going off the line, so a double reason for a throw-in :mad:
Glad someone else noticed this.
Add to that the field umpire called play on when he was over the line.
You know he calls play on because our 2 players run at the kicker and neither get called

Glad someone else noticed this.
Add to that the field umpire called play on when he was over the line.
You know he calls play on because our 2 players run at the kicker and neither get called
As far as I know, if you're out of bounds from a free kick or mark, you can play on and still be out of bounds as long as you don't go past the mark.

I remember being at the '13 semi at the G and screaming "you ******* campaigner" at Motlop when he got the sealing goal and did his little finger twirl.

Now he's our campaigner ripping his old club a new one on the biggest stage of the season to date. Gotta love it.

Anyone have the umpire breakdown from last night
ie. the breakdown of what team each umpire gave frees for, and the location of those frees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee was a bee's dick away from tearing that game apart. Nearly got a hold of so many crumbs inside 50, just either fumbled or was held too close to get a clean look at it. Give this guy any space in the prelim and look out.
Rozee is gonna Charlie Cameron the * out of the prelim

I'm going to add another.

The most infuriating to me was early in the game. I think it was Blicavs (I haven't watched the replay) who marked the ball in a marginal out on the full. The mark was paid, and probably fair enough, but he came to a stop about 4 metres forward from where he marked it and way out of bounds. He never went back behind the mark and actually played on and kicked the ball (To Hawkins on the lead) having never re-entered the field of play or going back behind the mark at any point. How this was not called back for a throw in still has me flabbergasted.

I'm watching the replay now. It was Gary Rohan.
Commentators said nothing. I am amazed at how few people know the rules. I've seen it called before, but only once. Many years ago.

Commentators said nothing. I am amazed at how few people know the rules. I've seen it called before, but only once. Many years ago.

Boundary umpire called one later I think but bottled that one. They might be waiting for the umpire to call play on and I’m not sure a central umpire did on that occasion.

Even worse, that lead to the only goal they scored that wasn't a speculative hack out of a pack under extreme pressure or being actually tackled.

My mates and I called the same thing at the time. He just took 3 steps off line along the boundary line and kicked while still outside the field of play. Bullshit missed call.

And if we win 2 more games, it'll be the most undeserved premiership in history, or there'll forever be an asterisk against the 2020 flag because of COVID etc.
There’d still be a premiership cup standing proud at Alberton regardless so they can suck it

Did anyone notice the throes t Cats were getting away with ? It’s fair enough if the ball comes out in the tackle and hits the ground and a contest but they were throwing it to advantage in the tackle and getting away with
There was definitely that one from Ablett I noticed. Of course he didn’t get called because he’s ‘the little master’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back