Multiplat Quantum Break (XBX1/WIN10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review embargo has finished. Most scores I've seen are around the 8 mark. Although did see giant bomb gave it a 2 out of 5.
The reviews i have seen have varied a fair bit (2/5-4/5, 6/10-8.5/10) so im not sure how "most" scores are around the 8 mark.

The reviews i have seen have varied a fair bit (2/5-4/5, 6/10-8.5/10) so im not sure how "most" scores are around the 8 mark.
Do you understand what "I've seen" means? At the the time the review scores I had seen were around that ok.
Oh and just an FYI, the metacritic score is currently a 7.8, pretty close to an 8 don't you think?

Do you understand what "I've seen" means? At the the time the review scores I had seen were around that ok.
Oh and just an FYI, the metacritic score is currently a 7.8, pretty close to an 8 don't you think?
Lol get angry dead head, you obviously only looked at one review score before posting then, and metacritic lol.

Lol get angry dead head, you obviously only looked at one review score before posting then, and metacritic lol.
Not getting angry mate.
People put too much emphasis into game reviews anyway. I've purchased it, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it and at the end of the day that's the thing that matters to me.

Not getting angry mate.
People put too much emphasis into game reviews anyway. I've purchased it, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it and at the end of the day that's the thing that matters to me.
If you feel people put to much emphasis on reviews why were you first to post about reviews

Why do I have to be an employed Collingwood supporter god dammit.

BvdHhKs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played the first act last night, game is visually stunning and the time powers are a lot of fun to use. Only complaint so far would be that the cover system is a bit clunky.

Even the live action bits aren't as cringeworthy as I expected, Desmond Mobay is boss as always.

PC is said to be a unoptimised mess. frame rate issues have people getting it dropping to 20fps. Its worse then the issues the Win10 store RoTR had.

i was not ever that hyped for the game but impressions seem like its nothing amazing or GoTY contender, so i think i will putting off the game till its like $30-$40. along with all the bullshit about the TV episodes.

Looks like another few months for the Xbone to collect dust.

PC is said to be a unoptimised mess. frame rate issues have people getting it dropping to 20fps. Its worse then the issues the Win10 store RoTR had.

i was not ever that hyped for the game but impressions seem like its nothing amazing or GoTY contender, so i think i will putting off the game till its like $30-$40. along with all the bullshit about the TV episodes.

Looks like another few months for the Xbone to collect dust.

Not sure what impressions you've been reading...
But generally every first impressions on other forums has been 100% positive.

21 reviews 90+
34 reviews 80-90
14 reviews 70-80
7 reviews 60-70
4 reviews 40

Game is fantastic btw, not sure how anyone could score it 4/10 unless they just really don't like TPS / Sci-fi / story-based games.

Jeff Gertsman from Giant Bomb didn't even have TLOU in his top 10 games for 2013 so I think he just hates the genre.

I guess some people don't like the TV aspect (which can be skipped anyway).

I am a bit of a Remedy "fanboy" played all their games and loved them, and with references in this game made to Max Payne and Alan Wake I'm loving the fan service.

Last edited:
21 reviews 90+
34 reviews 80-90
14 reviews 70-80
7 reviews 60-70
4 reviews 40

Game is fantastic btw, not sure how anyone could score it 4/10 unless they just really don't like TPS / Sci-fi / story-based games.

Jeff Gertsman from Giant Bomb didn't even have TLOU in his top 10 games for 2013 so I think he just hates the genre.

I guess some people don't like the TV aspect (which can be skipped anyway).

I am a bit of a Remedy "fanboy" played all their games and loved them, and with references in this game made to Max Payne and Alan Wake I'm loving the fan service.
I read a review that bagged the cover mechanics and said the gameplay mechanics could be better and gave it 100/100 lol, review scores mean s**t so I read a review instead of looking at scores. I merely pointed out the varied scores yet people seem hell-bent on defending a 8/10 average score lol.

I wanted the game to be goty, it's the reason I own a Xbox but sloppy cover and gameplay mechanics for a third person cover shooter isn't good enough imo, also asking full price for a game that can be finished in 8 hours with 1.5 hours of that being TV is a bit rich imo. But you guys keep looking at scores to make yourself feel better.

I read a review that bagged the cover mechanics and said the gameplay mechanics could be better and gave it 100/100 lol, review scores mean s**t so I read a review instead of looking at scores. I merely pointed out the varied scores yet people seem hell-bent on defending a 8/10 average score lol.

I wanted the game to be goty, it's the reason I own a Xbox but sloppy cover and gameplay mechanics for a third person cover shooter isn't good enough imo, also asking full price for a game that can be finished in 8 hours with 1.5 hours of that being TV is a bit rich imo. But you guys keep looking at scores to make yourself feel better.

I bought this game because of the developers - Remedy made some of the best games in the industry.

I read a few reviews, but I'd made my mind up ages ago about this one, and I don't regret it one bit.

I was being a bit facetious in my response to you, I don't care for review scores either but just thought it funny that ironically the highest category of review scores happened to be in the 80s.

The cover system for this game is fine, it's actually a lot better than other games where you don't have to press a button to get into cover, it does it automatically. Also the game isn't really a cover shooter, it's far more dynamic than that and the powers you're given force you to come out from cover and actually play aggressively.

Think of the difference between Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but from a TPS/Cover shooter type concept. You are rewarded for playing aggressively.

The combat aspect for the game is a real strong point, and in fact there isn't really much of it (which could be a negative) certainly not as much as games like Uncharted, where you face waves of enemies, it's normally just a couple of areas and then you do some puzzle or story element.

I'm going to just plunge and get this tomorrow night. Don't think I'm doing any overtime this weekend for only like the second time since Xmas so might just stick my feet up and smash this out in a couple sessions. I don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 again but I'm really keen to turn my Xbox on lately so this is a good excuse. Just updated the console firmware and everything :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back