Quarter of a century without Fitzroy: Is the AFL better or worse off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol imagine losing the revenue generated by the big 4 clubs who would start a new league the next day in order to have 500 people watch a combined Melbourne team massacre the Brisbane bears
there would not be a brisbane bears or a melbourne club, it be victoria, queensland, west australia, south australia, tassie, northern territory & nsw

I really don't get the "too many teams in Melbourne" argument. Either you're saying you want to contract the league and have less teams, or move them interstate where they'd get less attendance, and less tv viewers. Like if you remove teams/move them, the supporters of those teams will just switch to a new team. The day the Dogs stop playing is the day I stop watching AFL.
Footy fans outside Vic have lived through losing their club playing at the highest level.
Love of the game played at its highest level won through, e.g the members of the West Coast Eagles.

No they don't.

Fitzroy Football Club own the Fitzroy 'FFC' logo. The logo has been trademarked by the Club from 10th June 1998 until at least 10 Jun 2028.

Trademark: 764288.

Fitzroy Football Club can use their trademark on any clothing, footwear and headgear including football jumpers and socks, scarves, shirts, T-shirts, shorts and neckties that they merchandise, irespective of whether the AFL likes it or not.

Here's an example.

Glad you guys have done that. I think the AFL would stop it happening by just not awarding a licence to any team with a hint of Fitzroy identity though as they want to pretend the Brisbane Lions was a merger and not a takeover of assets

Glad you guys have done that. I think the AFL would stop it happening by just not awarding a licence to any team with a hint of Fitzroy identity though as they want to pretend the Brisbane Lions was a merger and not a takeover of assets

Fitzroy will never be back in the AFL. They are forging their own identity in Melbourne operating as they started in 1883, an amateur team representing the Melbourne suburb of Fitzroy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back