Que sera sera, Doris Day, the passing of a legend.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I spent many a rainy afternoon with my mum in my younger years watching Doris Day movies or listening to one of her albums and reading.

Whether it be drama, comedy, romcom or a musical she could do them all. Calamity Jane my favourite.

Along with Kirk Douglas and Olivia Dr Havilland were probably the last 3 actors of note from the Golden Age of Hollywood still with us.

Before Meg Ryan was America's sweerheart we had Doris Day and June Allyson.

R.I.P. Doris Day.
B : 03.04.1922
D : 13.05.2019

I spent many a rainy afternoon with my mum in my younger years watching Doris Day movies or listening to one of her albums and reading.

Whether it be drama, comedy, romcom or a musical she could do them all. Calamity Jane my favourite.

Along with Kirk Douglas and Olivia Dr Havilland were probably the last 3 actors of note from the Golden Age of Hollywood still with us.

Before Meg Ryan was America's sweerheart we had Doris Day and June Allyson.

R.I.P. Doris Day.
B : 03.04.1922
D : 13.05.2019
As well as a Hollywood legend, she was also a wonderful advocate of animal rights.

Just a fantastic human being.

RIP. x

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Last actors of note from the period could include Sidney Poitier, Eva Marie Saint.

Others like Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood are young whipper snappers in comparison.

Last actors of note from the period could include Sidney Poitier, Eva Marie Saint.

Others like Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood are young whipper snappers in comparison.
Larry Storch is still around, he did movies, TV and stage. Probably best known in Australia for F-Troop.

He is still active and attends the occasional convention, at the grand old age of 96 (same birth date as Elvis).

As a side note, I saw Petula Clark perform in Sydney on Saturday night. She's 86, she can still hit the notes and hold them, remember the lyrics and tell some great anecdotes. It's probably the most remarkable show I have been to, I was just in awe of her.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Larry Storch is still around, he did movies, TV and stage. Probably best known in Australia for F-Troop.

He is still active and attends the occasional convention, at the grand old age of 96 (same birth date as Elvis).

As a side note, I saw Petula Clark perform in Sydney on Saturday night. She's 86, she can still hit the notes and hold them, remember the lyrics and tell some great anecdotes. It's probably the most remarkable show I have been to, I was just in awe of her.

and from the generation before Vera Lynn is still alive.

Boy, you people are old! ;)

Doris Day was always the ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. As already noted she was an animal lover which was great. I remember seeing her in her last roll at the cinema when I was about 16, "With Six You Get Eggroll". Damn. I almost forgot about her TV show.

Back