Queen Elizabeth II. 1926 - 2022. RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching BBC on the net but when I realised ABC was showing the BBC coverage switched the telly on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching BBC on the net but when I realised ABC was showing the BBC coverage switched the telly on.
Are you people literally watching this for hours on end?
I think I put tv on about 3 hours back and watched for 5 minutes and thought, oh s**t they are having some mass. I remembered it felt forever a few weeks back for my auntie's mass at her funeral, there no way I watching more church hymms again.
Where are they now? Have they finally buried her?

Are you people literally watching this for hours on end?
I think I put tv on about 3 hours back and watched for 5 minutes and thought, oh s**t they are having some mass. I remembered it felt forever a few weeks back for my auntie's mass at her funeral, there no way I watching more church hymms again.
Where are they now? Have they finally buried her?
To be fair, this hasn’t happened for 70 years and hasn’t been a funeral at Westminster for 260 years. Its one of the biggest historical events in our lifetime.

Very impressive pomp and ceremony.

I've been watching BBC coverage for about 6 hours today.

And about 6 hours yesterday.

And the day before....

And...

Like Darcy says 'it's history' - much more significant than watching 6 hours of 'The Block' or 'The Bachelor' every week for 10 years..

I've been watching BBC coverage for about 6 hours today.

And about 6 hours yesterday.

And the day before....

And...

Like Darcy says 'it's history' - much more significant than watching 6 hours of 'The Block' or 'The Bachelor' every week for 10 years..
Wow, that amazing. I could not watch any of those shows for any length of time like you are with this.
I probably watched heaps of The Centenary Test from Lords late at night on ABC TV in 1980, like you must be watching this.
I was fascinated for days on end with that and would even watch all the old docos they would have when played stopped for rain in that historic Test match, which was a lot from what I remember.

A Wimbledon Tennis final of Borg and McEnroe around same time period I probably stayed up and watch every bit of play for 4 or 5 hours.

The old grand final Footy Marathon on channel 7 in that period I could probably watch three or fours hours in a row but would fall asleep and continue to watch 7 am in in morning and then watch the whole coverage for rest of the day on channel 7.

Could not stand one minute of something like The Block or some reality cooking show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back