QUEENS BIRTHDAY UMPIRING WOW

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure the Hunt no being called for holding the ball happened just after Nate Jones smashed the ump on his arse, not even kidding. I need to see a replay but I'm certain it was that moment of play and it was the umpire closest to the play, makes it even funnier
Saw that. Honestly looked like Jones lined the ump up.

Was disgraceful. Probably a directive from the AFL to get the Dees across the line on their big day.

Eh, it swings in roundabouts. Your mob has been sucked off by the umpires the last two times we've played you. FWIW Collingwood fans were an embarrassment on Monday. Showed a true lack of understanding of the rules of our game. They were booing just about every time they weren't gifted any frees. Calling "baaaaalll" for literally every single tackle. Absolute cretins.

Eh, it swings in roundabouts. Your mob has been sucked off by the umpires the last two times we've played you. FWIW Collingwood fans were an embarrassment on Monday. Showed a true lack of understanding of the rules of our game. They were booing just about every time they weren't gifted any frees. Calling "baaaaalll" for literally every single tackle. Absolute cretins.

Calling 50 every time a Melbourne player tried to man the mark :tearsofjoy:

There is no conspiracy apart from unconscious bias and pure unadulterated incompetence.

Want to know why Melbourne had free kicks inside 50 paid for holding? It's because a number of free like this blatant tackle off the ball were called play on. Pies held for each other to intercept mark all day. Live by it, die by it.

Yes it is quite clear from this image that the Melbourne forward is holding the Collingwood defender so the Howe mark is paid. This is one of the few things the umps are OK at because they don't have to do anything when two players engage each other like that. If Melksham had gone to ground instead of trying to hold out while locking onto an arm he would have got a free. Poor forward craft and or misread the drop of the ball or didn't know Howe was there.

The result of the Sidebottom free - which was there. Really made a huge impact, that one. Turned a boundary throw in 40m out in to an uncontested mark with men lining up in the corridor.

The Greenwood free - also there - was 10 seconds after Hibberd was tackled without the ball after handballing out in front. Anyone want to tell me that much jumper grab isn't a free?

If the umps were rigging the game with inconsistent holding the ball calls then how are all 3 of these play on? All 3 are far more blatant examples of taking on tackles are illegally disposing the ball than the Hunt one.

Let's go through these.

Melbourne kicking poorly doesn't make poor umpiring OK. Missing a call because you are physically unable to see what happened is perfectly fine, guessing is absolutely not.

Technically it is the umpire's opinion as to whether someone has possession so there are two paths to the same conclusion here. The umpire thinks he has possession and is therefore a grade-A moron. Alternatively the spinnaker being unfurled was missed completely and the umpire is a grade-A moron. Either way I would suggest putting up the sheets and dealing with the umpire like a lame horse. At the minimum revoke his drivers license because he is too stupid and or too blind to not be a danger to himself and others.

The rest are easy.

No Prior.

Left hand fist = handball. Need the opposite angle to actually see the legality of the disposal.

No prior.

Now the no prior thing is a bit of a load of s**t most of the time but seriously if you are pulling up a gather and attempted kick in slow motion and calling that a problem then you're revealing a ridiculous level of bias that blows up your credibility.

Last edited:
Oh come on, it's right there in the video.

On his knees. Left arm reaches out. Scoops the ball under his elbow. Never gets to his feet. Ball never leaves his possession.

You're saying because he was on his knees not all fours and because the ball was under his arm and shoulder it shouldn't be holding the ball?

There's a clear motion in which he drags the ball underneath part of his body and he never successfully knocks it away from his body.
You Melbourne guys seem to forget the amount of times the ball was scooped out with two hands from packs , Vince is an expert
Isn't that a throw

Calling 50 every time a Melbourne player tried to man the mark :tearsofjoy:
You crippled the mark all day hibberd 4 times paid once
Oh and as for holding in a marking contest one Travis Cloke says hello , most held bloke in the history of the game ,had to change clubs to get a free
As I have repeated many times , it was melbournes turn
Oh and rosebury really needs to be looked at, loves screwing us on a big day

Plenty
He dived on the ball which means prior opportunity goes out of the window, he had to get rid of it (or attempt to) and he didn't thus holding the ball.

Correct decision.
Plenty of footage now
Hasn't seen him dive yet , seen him bend and lower himself to pick it up then tackled to the ground

No. It's not just supporters of losing teams. Many, many neutrals are getting put off too.

Too many good games have been affected by some inconsistent umpiring decisions in the last 5 minutes of matches. That's the consistent theme!

Can't they just put the whistle away? Or at least not pay frees that weren't there for the rest of the 115 mins?
Last 6 years at least 8 games each year are directed outcomes influenced by either bias or incompetence
Therefore so have the finals.

Oh and I don't need to your fellow supporters have validated my opinion on the incident with their screenshots.

Last 6 years at least 8 games each year are directed outcomes influenced by either bias or incompetence
Therefore so have the finals.

If Collingwood didn't turn the ball over so often you wouldn't need to complain about 2 umpiring decisions.

Did you look back at the other 40 decisions paid in the game with the same critical eye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said moran

Didn't learn your lesson from your ban, hey kiddo?
It was great flew over to Bali
Conversed with a few like souls
Wish you were here
Maybe next time
Let's agree to differ
But you did use the word Moronic first

It was great flew over to Bali
Conversed with a few like souls
Wish you were here
Maybe next time
Let's agree to differ
But you did use the word Moronic first
I'm the only one who said "moron". You started discussing crime families

If Collingwood didn't turn the ball over so often you wouldn't need to complain about 2 umpiring decisions.

Did you look back at the other 40 decisions paid in the game with the same critical eye?
Mate , fair point
Mine is that the game means too much to people whoever you support to be turned into chook lotto
No consistencie decision to descision let alone game to game and round to round
If they want to stop the conjecture it's pretty simple just take away prior op
Make it hand or foot only
Wonder why they don't make it simpler

IJmKoFA.jpg

Well seeing my wife's name is or was Moran
You do the maths
First one auto
Second one seeing how quick you are
Lol
Don't think anyone's buying it
"Descisions"

Video 2 is plenty of prior, surely you can't argue that. Bit of high tackle but Howe's ducking and spinning to evade, they aren't paying those high any more.

Video 1 I'm happy to have called play on due to no prior opportunity, but it's not really a genuine attempt at a handball, it's a throw.

Video 3 - I would've thought Treloar has had prior by the time he spins and has an arm free. Attempts a kick and clean misses. Again, ok with that no paid but it's a balance to the Hunt one not been paid. One's a kick, one's a handball.
Dom Tyson says hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back