Queensland cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
whilst this is obviously a terrible year, at least for queensland cats supporters there is currently one small bright spot. we get to pretend we are in a victorian winter again without the weather.

3 games in two weeks (3 massive wins) and atleast another 3 games to come and possibly some finals. feels like Im back in Victoria when I was a kid.

probably the biggest thing I miss about Victoria is that my kids wont get to experience what I did in the nineties. Going to the game week in week out.

Now for a brief period my 6 year old does. And he is loving it. Learning the game and joining in the chanting (and also booing the opposition).

While the crowds are obviously tiny there is a lot of passion from cats supporters in the stands. clearly there are a lot of ex victorians in the same boat that miss the game and embracing this small moment in time while we can. The amount of cat chants going up per game is about five fold what you get in Victoria. Lots of singing the song after the game too.

any other queensland cats fans enjoying this small ride?

we have now become the clubs key supporter base. How odd.

As the crowds open up, a good opportunity to introduce more people to the game and our club.

That would be an interesting statistic And comparing it to other clubs. It feels like geelong has more interstate suppprters then other clubs. We are a well spread out group.
Last night Chris Scott said we have the most amount of supporters in Queensland outside of Victoria.
Dunno how many though.
Yeah that's why imterested to know as Chris Scott said that got me thinking.. Would like to know as it gets you thinking where everyone even on here are as well

whilst this is obviously a terrible year, at least for queensland cats supporters there is currently one small bright spot. we get to pretend we are in a victorian winter again without the weather.

3 games in two weeks (3 massive wins) and atleast another 3 games to come and possibly some finals. feels like Im back in Victoria when I was a kid.

probably the biggest thing I miss about Victoria is that my kids wont get to experience what I did in the nineties. Going to the game week in week out.

Now for a brief period my 6 year old does. And he is loving it. Learning the game and joining in the chanting (and also booing the opposition).

While the crowds are obviously tiny there is a lot of passion from cats supporters in the stands. clearly there are a lot of ex victorians in the same boat that miss the game and embracing this small moment in time while we can. The amount of cat chants going up per game is about five fold what you get in Victoria. Lots of singing the song after the game too.

any other queensland cats fans enjoying this small ride?

we have now become the clubs key supporter base. How odd.
I have been loving it! I've managed to make it along to three games so far with a fourth to come on Sunday, and hopefully can snag tickets to Richmond also >.<. Obviously looking forward to Finals and Grand Final is there is any way I can possibly get tickets to those too. Does anybody know if there is any way to upgrade your membership to secure Grand Final tickets at all?

I have been loving it! I've managed to make it along to three games so far with a fourth to come on Sunday, and hopefully can snag tickets to Richmond also >.<. Obviously looking forward to Finals and Grand Final is there is any way I can possibly get tickets to those too. Does anybody know if there is any way to upgrade your membership to secure Grand Final tickets at all?
Apparently gil said local club members will get first access to gf tickets. So makesure you have your membership.

Anybody just find it nauseating watching Rich Assistant Leppitsch saying that should they “earn the right” to “host” any final against Bris it should be at Metricon.

Do those blokes have mirrors at Punt Road. Where’s their bogan nuffie supporters saying yeah but it says home state final........or but but but think of the fans that will miss out watching it live......etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been a Cats supporter for 45 years. I'm not a member, having lived interstate for 25+ years and as a result having little chance of getting to any games, but am going to this Sunday's game with the family, who I've brought around to supporting the Cats. I've typically attended the one or two games per year that happen in Queensland.

If I was still living near Geelong in Victoria, would absolutely be a member.

I was in Cambodia last year for a time, and stopped in my tracks when I saw a tuk-tuk whose rear window was entirely covered in Cats paraphernalia...

Went up and gave the driver a big tip.....well.....big is relative, but you get the gist. :cool: :D:D

Cat fans are everywhere.

Not sure it was exactly in the budget, but paranoia about missing out on Grand Final tickets (should we qualify) hit today and I upgraded to an Interstate Premium membership :geelong::sweatsmile::hushed: (Which still doesn't guarantee anything.. just want the best chance possible, still need to up my Begging and Praying game)

Kudos to the club, member appreciation offer. Free tickets to next Fridays' game against the Tigers.

Expect to have a far better experience here in QLD than what I did at KP last time I attended these 2 teams playing.

I wouldn't be so sure. Planning to get along to the game as well. And pretty much just as concerned about having to sit through the awful way the Tiges play their footy as I am of the prospect of being surrounded by a bunch of their very 'best' fans while they're at it. Not sure the Tiger horde still won't be out in big numbers, even with the game being up here.

I wouldn't be so sure. Planning to get along to the game as well. And pretty much just as concerned about having to sit through the awful way the Tiges play their footy as I am of the prospect of being surrounded by a bunch of their very 'best' fans while they're at it. Not sure the Tiger horde still won't be out in big numbers, even with the game being up here.
Really? Then if you have children this wouldn't be a good game to take them to but all the more reason for Cats fans to get there and drown their very 'best' fans out ;)

Really? Then if you have children this wouldn't be a good game to take them to but all the more reason for Cats fans to get there and drown their very 'best' fans out ;)

I've got mates here who are Tigers fans who I can get along with rather well outside of going to one of their games. But I can imagine even they would be fairly hard to take when they're at the footy, irrespective of whether the Tigers are bossing it or struggling to compete.

Outside of Pies fans, they really are a fairly unique breed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back