Local Queensland Womens Footy - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about team lists or AA teams but the player that won the best and fairest medal for the tournament appears to be named Harrison Bridge.

Queensland footy has come a long way to achieve these kinds of results!
Yep. Halfback/Wing from Sherwood. Bottom ager.

Yep. Halfback/Wing from Sherwood. Bottom ager.
I'd be interested to find out which two Suns academy players made the U15 AA team but my guess would be Zeke Uwland and Jai Murray who both played in the U16s national championships this year as a bottom agers.

I'd be interested to find out which two Suns academy players made the U15 AA team but my guess would be Zeke Uwland and Jai Murray who both played in the U16s national championships this year as a bottom agers.
Jai Murray and Beau Addinsall.

U15 Girls to make the AA team.
96412165-1302-43C4-B3D5-92EA1BCA8E58.jpeg

Suns supporters be like…

crickets GIF

R1 - Queensland 9.6 (60) def. Victoria 4.3 (27)
R2 - Queensland 21.17 (143) def. ACT 0.0 (0)
R3 - Queensland 6.6 (42) def. South Australia 1.2 (8)
R4 - Queensland 6.6 (42) def. NSW 2.0 (12)
R5 - Queensland 3.11 (29) def. Western Australia 3.3 (21)

Final standings
  1. Queensland 5-0
  2. Western Australia 3-2
  3. South Australia 3-2
  4. Victoria 2-3
  5. NSW 2-3
  6. ACT 0-5
Apparently Gold Coaster Sunny Lappin, daughter of Matthew 'Skinny' Lappin, was very good for Queensland's victorious team.
Dont know how much we can read into the results but the QLD V WA match was the closest margin and QLD were held to lowest score by the WA players.
So despite all the hoo haa on Big Footy about WA Womens footy it appears the talent is there - Just needs developing.

Dont know how much we can read into the results but the QLD V WA match was the closest margin and QLD were held to lowest score by the WA players.
So despite all the hoo haa on Big Footy about WA Womens footy it appears the talent is there - Just needs developing.
WA has three elite talents for the 2025 Draft, no doubt about it. Mia Russo, Olivia Wolmarans and Evie Coucher would have been among the best talents at the carnival, and best thing is they are split mid, forward and defence so you've got a gun in each third.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back