Tertiary and Continuing Question about majoring

Remove this Banner Ad

carltonblue

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Carlton
I dont have much of a clue with the runnings of unis.
However, I want to get into marketing.
To do that id like to complete either a bachelor of business or commerce and major in marketing.
Depending on if the universities offer more, I was wondering if I could also major in management, economics etc?
any help appreciated

I replied to your last thread but it got moved for some reason.

Just because a thread relates to the a business degree doesn't instantly mean it should be merged into the business thread, the question was relative to all degrees.
We'll end up with a grand total of about 20 threads if all the threads are organised solely off the degree they correspond to.

I dont have much of a clue with the runnings of unis.
However, I want to get into marketing.
To do that id like to complete either a bachelor of business or commerce and major in marketing.
Depending on if the universities offer more, I was wondering if I could also major in management, economics etc?
any help appreciated

I don't know of the other uni's, but at UTAS you most certainly can do two majors. In fact, I think it's usually the done thing!

It was more the title that got it moved.

Yeah I figured as much actually. Anyway doesn't matter to much, just thought it might be a question a few would be interested in because I remember I was curious about it before I started Uni.

I'm second year Bachelor of Business and Commerce at UWS.

How our degree works is:
- 7 core Business and Commerce units (intros/principles of management, marketing, accounting, economics, statistic for business or economic methods, business academic skills, and business law)
- 9 key program (major) units
- 8 elective units (can use 8 units for a second major, 4 units for each submajor, or do individual units of interest)

So I've done the core units, and am now onto a key program in Marketing, as well as two submajors, in Sport Industry and Accounting.

I'm guessing other uni's may have similar programs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back