Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fellas. Does anyone know how much success I would have if I sent something to a sports team asking some players to sign it? Dunno whether to bother
Depends on what your looking for. If it was for a birthday or something I think they'd agree?

Fellas. Does anyone know how much success I would have if I sent something to a sports team asking some players to sign it? Dunno whether to bother

What team?

If it's Hawthorn, take it to an open training or a family day or something with a texta

How much of George Costanza are you? If you have 0 morals and a twisted guilt complex then a sob story yarn would get you there...

I have four morals. It's actually a Rabbitoh's Premiership print from 2014. Might just sent it to them and see what happens... No harm in trying I guess.

Please don't pretend you know someone who is sick or something. I feel bad for even bringing up that comment because I know some lurker is pathetic enough to do it.

Hoping you guys can help. I remember reading something about a limit on jumpers for AFL teams. Like they can only have four a year, or something like that. Or is it just a minimum number of times a jumper needs to be worn? Or is it a free for all and clubs could have 23 different jumpers a season?

Hoping you guys can help. I remember reading something about a limit on jumpers for AFL teams. Like they can only have four a year, or something like that. Or is it just a minimum number of times a jumper needs to be worn? Or is it a free for all and clubs could have 23 different jumpers a season?

I remember back in 2010 Essendon were almost denied permission to wear the TAC seatbelt guernsey because they had already used their clash for cancer jumper as their promotional guernsey for the year.

Now it looks like they're encouraged to have a new guernsey every second week.

Mero can you help me out? Are the clubs limited to how many different jumper designs they can use in a season?

Mero can you help me out? Are the clubs limited to how many different jumper designs they can use in a season?
I think it's 4, but I'm not sure if that counts NAB and AFL issued jumpers (Indigenous) and the like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone first post on the FJGD board, was just wondering if anyone knows if any clubs are changing their logos anytime soon. There are a few which are desperately in need of a touch up or a complete redo.

Essendon's logo isn't perfect but I think it's really recognisable. If we were to see a club come out with that today, we'd laud it as seriously unique and it'd improve on a majority of side's logos. I don't want to say too much too good about that club, but yeah, it's not perfect but I don't trust them to outdo it.

Ultimately, I'd say about 14 crests should change before theirs.

The Essendon logo rumor has been around since the Puma are leaving the AFL rumor.
It's more likely since the WADA scandal but even then they may want to stick fat as they have this whole time and keep it.
The monogram has been getting a fair whirl mind you, but they seem trendy at the moment to slap onto merchandise.

Adelaide is another rumors have popped up due to the fan base having a strong dislike and I'm pretty sure it was raised by a few members of the forum to the club.

Hi everyone first post on the FJGD board, was just wondering if anyone knows if any clubs are changing their logos anytime soon. There are a few which are desperately in need of a touch up or a complete redo.
I already like you because your avatar is Gary Strang from Men Behaving Badly

Do the AFL make any money off every jumper sold?
Every licensed article.

Specifically for jumpers
Manufacturers pay $100k to be an AFL Licensee.
The AFL take 12.5% of the wholesale value as their cut.
So for every jumper sold at $55 to a retail outlet (which includes the replicas sold in club shops) the AFL gets $6.88
That retail outlet sells them for $110.
Of the $6.88, 66.67% goes to the club that the merchandise is branded. ($4.57)
The AFL Licensing Dept keeps the rest, which is is $2.31
Of the initial $100k; manufacturers don't need to pay anything further until their audited sales prove more than 800k, which is where the money they've the AFL is effectively paid off. All sales after $800k they have to pay once per year whatever 12.5% is of their wholesale revenue.

Essendon's logo isn't perfect but I think it's really recognisable. If we were to see a club come out with that today, we'd laud it as seriously unique and it'd improve on a majority of side's logos. I don't want to say too much too good about that club, but yeah, it's not perfect but I don't trust them to outdo it.

Ultimately, I'd say about 14 crests should change before theirs.
The trouble is that that logo has been on the front page of the paper regularly for the last 3 years for all the wrong reasons. The logo itself is fine, it's just the stigma around it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back