Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I'd know of, but you can delete the shadowing in Illustrator.
Thanks Klim! Yeah I really couldn't be bothered and was wondering how it'd look without all of the fancy nonsense going on.

melbourne-liverpool.jpg
Perfect! Thanks Dylan, yeah looks so much better the simple version of that logo, wish they'd kept this version of the logo...

Good to see you back, mate.
With macs, I had this problem as well. The only thing that came close to Paint was "Paintbrush", but it was a pain in the ass. If you think you can manage it, go ahead.

Cheers mate, playing around with it now, its extremely similar to paint, so hopefully i will be able to get some designs out :)

Not really the place for this, but more of a question for Mero or anyone really.
Who have been the league-wide sponsors and what years did they sponsor the league from? This is for an upcoming portfolio (that I'll post when I've done a few teams.)

Not really the place for this, but more of a question for Mero or anyone really.
Who have been the league-wide sponsors and what years did they sponsor the league from? This is for an upcoming portfolio (that I'll post when I've done a few teams.)

Not sure how entirely accurate this is, but:

1980-81 - Carlton & United Breweries (CUB)
1982-83 - Holden
1984-85 - Nissan
1986 - CUB
1987 - Sportsplay
1988 - Elder's IXL
1989-94 - CUB
1995-2000 - Coca-Cola
2001-03 - CUB
2004-present - Toyota

Also crow28 is it worth making a thread for discussing the Finals and Grand-Final logos or will they pop up elsewhere?
It doesn't fit the weekly jumpers thread, but it probably doesn't require a thread of it's own (mostly because it hasn;t changed for the 12th straight year!! :mad:)

Wasn't 2002-2003 rebranded as Carlton Draught, than CUB?

They did have their various brands advertised on the ground and around the perimeter fencing, but CUB were still the primary sponsors. The 2001-03 league logos featured a CUB logo, not Carlton Draught (excuse the very poor resolution):

2002-03 Joint.png

Also crow28 is it worth making a thread for discussing the Finals and Grand-Final logos or will they pop up elsewhere?
It doesn't fit the weekly jumpers thread, but it probably doesn't require a thread of it's own (mostly because it hasn;t changed for the 12th straight year!! :mad:)

I'm pretty sure there is a thread already. Feel free to find it and bump it for more discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, first time using photoshop and I'm making an invite for my clubs presentation night.

Just thought I'd get more of an experienced opinion on it

The details are just there for show atm

msdw75.jpg

Hey guys, first time using photoshop and I'm making an invite for my clubs presentation night.

Just thought I'd get more of an experienced opinion on it

The details are just there for show atm

msdw75.jpg
Loving them club colours

I have the file. I'll post it soon
Sorry to be impatient and annoying, but could you put the link up sometime soon, as I will have limited computer access over the next few days? Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back