Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone make out who this manufacturer is? I need it for Don Bradman Cricket 17.
254413.4.jpg

Does anyone know of any of the proposed nicknames for the Big Bash League teams?
Found a thread from on here while I was looking for the poll, a few of these ring a bell to me (I remember a lot of useless crap) so I feel pretty confident that these were all proposed.

According to a topic on the Backyard sub-board in the Adelaide Forum, these were the names supporters had to choose from in a survey.

Adelaide Force
Adelaide Fever
Adelaide Edge
Adelaide Mavericks
Adelaide Heat
Adelaide Strikers
Adelaide Angels
Adelaide Sparks
Adelaide Grit

While these are only the Adelaide names, given that the heat was included I'm fairly sure there is a bit of overlap.

I know Brisbane Heat conducted a survey but cant seem to find the article but i do know that Bash/Basherst was the top nickname so the league used it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found a thread from on here while I was looking for the poll, a few of these ring a bell to me (I remember a lot of useless crap) so I feel pretty confident that these were all proposed.

While these are only the Adelaide names, given that the heat was included I'm fairly sure there is a bit of overlap.
What the hell would the "Grit" look like? :drunk:o_O

Would be very interesting if there was a full list of all the teams different surveys. There's a competition thread right there

Bit like those Beer and Octopus soccer kits over in Europe?
I'm just imaginng a portly bloke in a beige number attempting a sliding defence and being unable to slide across the grass.. because grit.

Can anyone tell me why the AFL doesn't get a league wide sponser like the NBA (Adidas)?????? Always wondered and would make uniforms look neater and on an even playing field

Can anyone tell me why the AFL doesn't get a league wide sponser like the NBA (Adidas)?????? Always wondered and would make uniforms look neater and on an even playing field
I'll assume because no one's offered them a deal big enough to get their interest.

I'll assume because no one's offered them a deal big enough to get their interest.
It's ok to start a league off with one sponsor kind of like the A-Lague was all Reebok. But once you let in other manufacturers in it is almost near impossible to go back to a single brand. Similar will happen in the womens league. First couple of season we will see Coar do the jumpers but ultimately the clubs standard jumper manufacturers will take over.

It's ok to start a league off with one sponsor kind of like the A-Lague was all Reebok. But once you let in other manufacturers in it is almost near impossible to go back to a single brand. Similar will happen in the womens league. First couple of season we will see Coar do the jumpers but ultimately the clubs standard jumper manufacturers will take over.
Maybe in the EPL where there's no actual definitive governing body, just the club's as stakeholders, but in the AFL you have it almost the other way around. The AFL got the clubs to give up their home grounds, so I'm sure they could enforce a league wide apparel deal: either forcibly, or just give the clubs no other option.

Deep down I probably do think it is a distinct possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back