Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people think that this is real or fake
17757100_10155044189705619_1422975599256330198_n.jpg

The Dare bottle logo was just... almost so bad it was good – the usual one they have now is ugly enough but the bottle had some charm. It's classic Saints having a weird sponsor like that.

Hey Bacon Warrior, I'm trying to edit collars for your template but am running into an issue. How did you do stitching on your designs? It doesn't look like El_Scorcho's guide in the Photoshop thread
I nicked the brush from one of Mero's templates. It's a single line.

wouldn't have a clue about how it is on the psd version though

Hi guys, my indoor cricket club is looking for sponsors for our team. We are in contact with some companies, one of which was asking about having their logo on our kit. Is there a way to put the companies logo on temporarily in case the sponsorship only lasts like 1 year.

Why is it that when I merge shapes in photoshop the mutual space between the two shapes becomes invisible.
Eg:
View attachment 360002
Is there any way to stop this from happening? I don't really want to make it into a smart object.
Are they vector shapes to start with?

Hi guys, my indoor cricket club is looking for sponsors for our team. We are in contact with some companies, one of which was asking about having their logo on our kit. Is there a way to put the companies logo on temporarily in case the sponsorship only lasts like 1 year.
Print logo onto some transfer paper and then iron on. The only problem is white doesn't show up and it's expensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A local sports logo can last as long as the club wants it.

As for a sponsor, your best option is to just get new kits made each year so you can change over sponsors, if not, get over it and leave them on there, I can't imagine you've really got any bargaining power.

Also another question, how long in general would/should a club logo last before a new one?

Hard question to answer.

An iconic logo or a club that has a long history may never change or only ever be tweaked slightly every 20-40 years.

Something less iconic or for a less historic club could reasonably change every 10-20 years.

Then finally if a club goes for a change and it fails miserably you could be looking at around 5-10 years.

Why is it that when I merge shapes in photoshop the mutual space between the two shapes becomes invisible.
Eg:
View attachment 360002
Is there any way to stop this from happening? I don't really want to make it into a smart object.
Luckily I can help. Just a sec.

Fizzler

First, select the shape you would like to bring to front by placing the cursor on it and clicking.
tutuone.PNG
Then, select the "Path Operation" button that I have indicated on top. Following that, in the drop down menu select "Combine Shapes".
upload_2017-4-20_19-1-26.png
It should end up looking like this. If it doesn't, you might have to bring the shape selected to the front. You can do that by choosing this button,and by choosing the "Bring shape to front" function. Then it should work.
upload_2017-4-20_19-3-38.png
Once you've got your image like the one above, you can select the Path Operation button once more,and then merge components. This will make your two shapes into just one.
upload_2017-4-20_19-6-41.png
Hopefully this helps.

Fizzler

First, select the shape you would like to bring to front by placing the cursor on it and clicking.
View attachment 360055
Then, select the "Path Operation" button that I have indicated on top. Following that, in the drop down menu select "Combine Shapes".
View attachment 360061
It should end up looking like this. If it doesn't, you might have to bring the shape selected to the front. You can do that by choosing this button,and by choosing the "Bring shape to front" function. Then it should work.
View attachment 360063
Once you've got your image like the one above, you can select the Path Operation button once more,and then merge components. This will make your two shapes into just one.
View attachment 360065
Hopefully this helps.
Spanna, you legend! It worked! Thanks so much.

Could you get the sponsors logo into some piece of fabric (that won't rip - I have no idea how or what) and then you can maybe velcro it on.

The other thing I'd suggest is new shirts each season, you'll find places that do decent cricket shirts for $25-35 so it isn't that big a financial burden.

Grandsun, why does your Indoor Cricket team need sponsors?
Is an indoor league that big?

If so, my advice is get quality uniforms made and make that part of the player rego and they own it and hope the sponsorship covers the manufacturing and some

Grandsun, why does your Indoor Cricket team need sponsors?
Is an indoor league that big?

If so, my advice is get quality uniforms made and make that part of the player rego and they own it and hope the sponsorship covers the manufacturing and some
It is very expensive for the players so we look for sponsors to make it more affordable for the players.

Could you get the sponsors logo into some piece of fabric (that won't rip - I have no idea how or what) and then you can maybe velcro it on.

The other thing I'd suggest is new shirts each season, you'll find places that do decent cricket shirts for $25-35 so it isn't that big a financial burden.
That what was what i was thinking but after speaking to my Mum she rekons that the transfer paper might be the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back