Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, just wondering, I designed the logo on the left (obviously the Kangaroo is the IP of the Kangaroos) about six months ago as a bit of a fun post that I posted to my social media page (over 80K likes) and yesterday North Melbourne reveal their AFLW Guernsey.

Pretty miffed about it but obviously not going to be much I can do. Do you think it'd be hard to even get a little bit of credit from the club for port folio purposes?

View attachment 421679
Absolutely no chance at all, sadly for you.

Hey guys, just wondering, I designed the logo on the left (obviously the Kangaroo is the IP of the Kangaroos) about six months ago as a bit of a fun post that I posted to my social media page (over 80K likes) and yesterday North Melbourne reveal their AFLW Guernsey.

Pretty miffed about it but obviously not going to be much I can do. Do you think it'd be hard to even get a little bit of credit from the club for port folio purposes?

View attachment 421679
Yeah, zero sorry mate, you haven't changed the Kangaroo logo enough to have any claim over it. Cool design though, no wonder they copied it.

There's every chance the club never saw that concept and just came up with something similar. What's that theory called again?

Received a reply, apparently the logo they've gone with was designed in 2015.

Received a reply, apparently the logo they've gone with was designed in 2015.
35bijx0.jpg

Was North Melbourne's blue ever lighter than royal blue? I've seen old photos that suggested that, but they may have been faded. I've heard people mention it too.
If you see North Melbourne's old 1976 emblem it show lighter stripes with a royal kangaroo. The photos I did see with the lighter stripes and black shorts looked great.

Was North Melbourne's blue ever lighter than royal blue? I've seen old photos that suggested that, but they may have been faded. I've heard people mention it too.
If you see North Melbourne's old 1976 emblem it show lighter stripes with a royal kangaroo. The photos I did see with the lighter stripes and black shorts looked great.
North have been Royal Blue since joining the VFL in 1925.
There have been various dyes & fabrics which reflect light differently, making for differences in photographic evidence, however, the shade of Royal Blue we see them in today is essentially what they have been wearing the whole time.
Yes, the 1970s logo used Cyan stripes, however, this was to accommodate the use of the club logo Kangaroo and also somehow add in the club stripes.

North jumpers through their VFL/AFL history are here: http://www.footyjumpers.com/kangarooshome.htm
Prior to joining the VFL, their jumper are here: http://www.footyjumpers.com/northpre.htm

North have been Royal Blue since joining the VFL in 1925.
There have been various dyes & fabrics which reflect light differently, making for differences in photographic evidence, however, the shade of Royal Blue we see them in today is essentially what they have been wearing the whole time.
Yes, the 1970s logo used Cyan stripes, however, this was to accommodate the use of the club logo Kangaroo and also somehow add in the club stripes.

North jumpers through their VFL/AFL history are here: http://www.footyjumpers.com/kangarooshome.htm
Prior to joining the VFL, their jumper are here: http://www.footyjumpers.com/northpre.htm
Thank you very much. I see their mostly blue jumper looks too similar to the Bulldogs at first glance. And was just looking for some historical 'point of difference' that when we see our teams colours we know, and everyone knows, who they are looking at.

View attachment 421679

Re bump the post asking the same question.. Other page member might get it noticed enough. Maybe they will swing you a free jumper with the new logo?
Pretty big coincidence they develop the same design.

Re bump the post asking the same question.. Other page member might get it noticed enough. Maybe they will swing you a free jumper with the new logo?
Pretty big coincidence they develop the same design.

A map of Tassie behind the clubs logo with the work Tassie in it. I would think somewhere between 5-7 out of 10 people would come up with a design like that if asked. There is no way that he could claim anything as the design is not the same.

A map of Tassie behind the clubs logo with the work Tassie in it. I would think somewhere between 5-7 out of 10 people would come up with a design like that if asked. There is no way that he could claim anything as the design is not the same.
Exactly, he's just used the Kangaroos' current brand and poorly at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding was that the A in the new logo is simply the V turned upsode down, and made an A because the stroke of the F runs through it.

turns out it's slightly changed. Not much, but the L is different as are the serifs on the A.

no%2523+00-VFL+%2526+AFL+Brownlow+Medal%2527s.jpg
Does anyone know were I can get this vector from??

When and why were the Sekem-manufactured "replica" AFL guernseys discontinued?[/QUOTE]

I am the proud owner of the WAFL Grand Final Commemorative Jumper, made by Sekem, which is a tribute to 109 years of footy at Subiaco, the last game being the 2017 WAFL Grand Final. I just thought other like minded footy jumper collectors might appreciate having a squiz, it is a ripper!
subi jumper.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back