Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictably got smart arse replies by a couple of people here.

I had a look on AFL Tables in the past and, while the score progression only dates back to 2008, there weren't any games that showed that scoreline during the game.
I wouldn’t be too sure that score happened, probably just a Ps mock-up of what the scoreboard looks like.

I have a question regarding creating templates etc, i want to try and do a guernsay from scratch - which will take me the best part of 6 months i reckon. does anyone have any experience of using illustrator and the mesh tool to create shadows etc?

I have a question regarding creating templates etc, i want to try and do a guernsay from scratch - which will take me the best part of 6 months i reckon. does anyone have any experience of using illustrator and the mesh tool to create shadows etc?
I don’t use the mesh tool to create my shadows, i create the basic shape I want my shadow to take and then play around with a blur to soften it, mesh took might be a cleaner way to do it, look forward to seeing the results if you figure it out.

This sort of stylised look is the best thing you could do on AI and is quite easy with just the pen tool.

75318e51832295.58fb6a0800999.png

This sort of stylised look is the best thing you could do on AI and is quite easy with just the pen tool.

75318e51832295.58fb6a0800999.png
The Liver Bird looks like an emu here from a distance, and won't lie, something like this for an A-League team or even a Socceroos away strip would be really cool. I love this shade of green and it's criminally underused as a main colour. I know Gibbsy is a fan too.

The Liver Bird looks like an emu here from a distance, and won't lie, something like this for an A-League team or even a Socceroos away strip would be really cool. I love this shade of green and it's criminally underused as a main colour. I know Gibbsy is a fan too.
I love this colour or even green in general in Liverpool away strips

20170603_121027_edited1.jpg

One of my faves here.

A bit of a weird question, but I got a shirt that has logos printed on them and there was the sort of butchers paper still attached. For some items I know you have to iron them down (though it's rare). Do you guys think it's fine to just peel off the paper and scrub off the sticky parts, or do I need to iron it to make sure the logos stay down?

A bit of a weird question, but I got a shirt that has logos printed on them and there was the sort of butchers paper still attached. For some items I know you have to iron them down (though it's rare). Do you guys think it's fine to just peel off the paper and scrub off the sticky parts, or do I need to iron it to make sure the logos stay down?
Did you buy it through a shop or from something like a merch table from a local gig?

Did you buy it through a shop or from something like a merch table from a local gig?
Jim Kidd, soccer strip. I just tore it off and picked it off. Seems alright and like its purpose was to avoid the logos sticking together when the shirt was folded during transit. Guess they were too lazy to take it off in store.

What's the reason for Richmond and WC having two different collars this year despite having the same manufacturer? I can't really tell if other parts of the jumpers are different but that's the most obvious one. West coast seemed to have the same jumpers as the ones Puma made for non-afl footy clubs, so why do richmond have a different one? It did seem like they were much more on board with Richmond than they were with west coast. Must be something to do with Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the reason for Richmond and WC having two different collars this year despite having the same manufacturer? I can't really tell if other parts of the jumpers are different but that's the most obvious one. West coast seemed to have the same jumpers as the ones Puma made for non-afl footy clubs, so why do richmond have a different one? It did seem like they were much more on board with Richmond than they were with west coast. Must be something to do with Martin.

* me, i've seen some people jump to conclusions in my time, but this is up there with one of the bigger jumps.

I'm just speculating. Seemed to me like martin was a part of puma and richmond joining together. It's just odd that they have different jumpers for different teams

I'm just speculating. Seemed to me like martin was a part of puma and richmond joining together. It's just odd that they have different jumpers for different teams

Richmond was using the template Puma planned to start using in 2018 (seemingly), Richmond weren't meant to be with Puma until 2018.
West Coast used the 2014-2017 template.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back