Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if you can create custom leagues in AFL Evolution?
No you can’t, however if your custom league has the same amount of teams as a league in the game currently does you can swap in every team you have for it and play that isn’t eh Competition game mode. It would still have the name of the original comp though and the same premiership cup.

Just thought of this, what ever happened with the SGIO rebrand we saw 2 or so years ago?
It was canned. It was weird and dumb at the time and you could tell it was not going to last. I said it then and it came true. I actually regret not buying one of the original SGI navy wings - they’d be worth a bit one day.

It was canned. It was weird and dumb at the time and you could tell it was not going to last. I said it then and it came true. I actually regret not buying one of the original SGI navy wings - they’d be worth a bit one day.
Yeah I've still got one. The club allowed you to return them in exchange for the ones with actual SGIO logo but I kept mine.

Yeah I've still got one. The club allowed you to return them in exchange for the ones with actual SGIO logo but I kept mine.

I don't buy jumpers of other clubs as a rule (except Cats for my wife), but I actually really wanted to get my hands on one of the SGI jumpers. Home jumper returning to wings was obviously a huge deal, Eagles jumpers as a rule hold good value, and once the SGI ones were confirmed to end up as rarities, I did think it could be a good jumper to hold onto for a while.

Going by Gibbsy's poultry return for that beautiful Collingwood Ansett Cup jumper the other week I'd say there wouldn't be a lot of money in it

Going by Gibbsy's poultry return for that beautiful Collingwood Ansett Cup jumper the other week I'd say there wouldn't be a lot of money in it
Yes, disappointing that Gibbsy only got 2 chickens for a jumper that should be worth at least 3 quails and a duck.

Market fluctuates. Ultimately I think if you sit on something rare then it's worth keeping (I say while wearing a 1999/2000 Glory home shirt) and if the right offer comes up then take it. If you supported the Eagles it would've been a good get. Prices always fluctuated... I know because I've been on bigfooty for like eight years man.

Market fluctuates. Ultimately I think if you sit on something rare then it's worth keeping (I say while wearing a 1999/2000 Glory home shirt) and if the right offer comes up then take it. If you supported the Eagles it would've been a good get. Prices always fluctuated... I know because I've been on bigfooty for like eight years man.
I can't believe this got a serious reply even though I spelled paltry wrong and the bigfooty boys all laughed at me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe this got a serious reply even though I spelled paltry wrong and the bigfooty boys all laughed at me
If I made another white meat joke then you'd lay into me as being unoriginal so you know. I'll reply with a gif next time.

Did they use the SGI anywhere else in their marketing?
Or did we only see it on the Eagles jumpers?
I don't really remember seeing SGIO launch a rebrand themselves

Bet you feel like a goose now

But yeah I think demand changes. Purely anecdotally, St Kilda's player issue and match worn auctions seem to go higher than they did 3 or 4 years ago. Then there's the fact that Eagles supporters froth over any piece of memorabilia, any piece of cool Eagles merch is going to be more valuable than any other club.

It's also the sort of thing where, realistically, there's probably going to be like 20 or 30 in existence. It was a really odd time. Lots of rumours about Puma leaving, the wings returning and all that excitement, but then like the train crashed in Kalgoorlie? Or it took weeks for any merch to arrive? You could only pre-order those original ones and they sent out an email pretty soon after saying if you brought it in, they'd exchange it for a brand new one with the old returned SGIO.

It's a bit like those Notebooks R Us Carlton jumpers. It's not a cool, lauded rarity like an Ochre but it's definitely going to get some interest. Eagles supporters are also big jumper collectors too. Or jumper geeks in general.

I personally wouldn't ever really get rid of any jumper, especially rare ones. I'd love to be a minimalist and have 20 things in my cupboard but ultimately I ain't and don't. I haven't bought a Freo jumper for about 10 years and I'm not a collector whatsoever, but short of some $400 offer I'd be pretty hesitant. You just don't know how often it'll come up.

Rarity in general is odd.

For example ochres just don't seem to really exist and it's like real estate in a lauded area: it's locked in. Those who have it aren't ever getting rid of it. Stuff like Gibbsy's Pies jumper seems to have less allure – stuff like the swooping magpie, the barcode, I'd put them in the same order as the Freo tripanel. They aren't hugely common but the demand isn't as intense and they come up probably once or twice a year and don't command much more than 150 bucks, despite being nearly 20 years old in some cases and being worn about two times in others. Stuff like a cerise Port heritage is going to be a total rarity, or the sky blue hooped one, but something like those WW2 Saints heritage jumpers (unique looking, worn once, ten years old, not for public sale) don't get as much attention.

Hey guys so what im about to say you've all probably seen before. I'm starting a small local business in my area. Nothing national just very small time, something so my dad can continue to work. I'm at the stage where I'm coming up with logos. I've made about 50 on ms paint. I am not great at this stuff and can't even get my head around Microsoft's Paint 3D. My designs maybe are on the right track but I couldn't trademark them as they are. I'd like to ask for your help to make it. It wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes probably. Does anyone know who I would contact to get this up and going. I have some money I'd like to give someone whose design I choose. I was thinking $50-$100 ? I can pay it in advance to a mod ?

The SGI eagles jumpers were going for about $80 to $100 on Ebay late last year, some bloke was selling them and a bunch of Eagles subi farewell Guernseys that he must have got his hands on through Puma, don't think we will see either of them selling at that price again though

how come thee aussie swimmers wear the all black swimsuit rather then the suits they advertsied and modled

Anyone else having trouble with the 'Notifications' on the BigFooty App?... Mine don't seem to be working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back