Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Quick question I'm hoping someone a bit older than me might know a bit about. What is Sportswool? I've seen it in tags of jumpers and flipping through an old footy record I saw an advertisement. Does it differ much from the older woollen jumpers and the modern polyester jumpers?
100% wool jumpers went out in the 1970s, replaced by acrylic.
That was replaced by what was effectively printed polyester in 1995-96.
Sportswool is supposed to be a blend of wool and polyester.
But it's mostly polyester.

100% wool jumpers went out in the 1970s, replaced by acrylic.
That was replaced by what was effectively printed polyester in 1995-96.
Sportswool is supposed to be a blend of wool and polyester.
But it's mostly polyester.

Cheers Mero :thumbsu:

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
Like this :D

Jokes aside, if you go on the button which lets you edit the thread then just delete the poll question it should remove itself;

I've tried with both thread tools and the poll edit button but I still can't get rid of the poll.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is there actually a good, dedicated, active sports design forum online?

There's Chris Creamer's (fmd that name always makes me laugh – would have copped it at school) but it's pretty low on original ideas these days and it seems to have a lot less posts now. Not to mention it's essentially just bickering about minor NHL road uniforms or something.

Surely there's a forum somewhere with all sorts of concepts getting about and plenty of opinions and news?

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Is there actually a good, dedicated, active sports design forum online?

There's Chris Creamer's (fmd that name always makes me laugh – would have copped it at school) but it's pretty low on original ideas these days and it seems to have a lot less posts now. Not to mention it's essentially just bickering about minor NHL road uniforms or something.

Surely there's a forum somewhere with all sorts of concepts getting about and plenty of opinions and news?
There's a forum called 'big footy' which has a footy jumpers & graphic design board :p

But seriously, a quick google led me to here: http://design-sports.com/index.php

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Between sportslogos and here I'm comfortable with what we get offered. Sportslogos is very US orientated and vveeeerrrrryyyy set in its ways with regards to acceptable uniform protocol though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between sportslogos and here I'm comfortable with what we get offered. Sportslogos is very US orientated and vveeeerrrrryyyy set in its ways with regards to acceptable uniform protocol though.
Yeah some guy posted some AFL designs and was attacked left right and centre because they were too boring and s**t like that. Was baffling to be honest and he ended up deleting them all.
If anyone remembers he’s the guy who made the West Coast jumper with the wings on the back instead of the front.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Yeah some guy posted some AFL designs and was attacked left right and centre because they were too boring and s**t like that. Was baffling to be honest and he ended up deleting them all.
If anyone remembers he’s the guy who made the West Coast jumper with the wings on the back instead of the front.
Would that be Discrim who pops up here occasionally? The only other regular from here I can remember on there is Spanna.

I've posted some logos there but no footy stuff because IMO it'd be like posting a poem in Swahili on an English poetry forum. They strongly defend US sports uniform traditions but react weirdly to sports where they aren't aware of the uniform traditions.

Would that be Discrim who pops up here occasionally? The only other regular from here I can remember on there is Spanna.

I've posted some logos there but no footy stuff because IMO it'd be like posting a poem in Swahili on an English poetry forum. They strongly defend US sports uniform traditions but react weirdly to sports where they aren't aware of the uniform traditions.
Not Discrim, this guy was a lurker who only posted that.
I go over there a little bit but I use a different name (PAFC1870) because I hate my name on here.
I really like seeing the concepts for made up sports though. That’s cool and there isn’t really a place for it here.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chris Creamer just isn't very interesting.

The best example is going into their 'crazy uniforms that worked' thread and it's like, a bunch of baseball uniforms that look exactly the same as every ******* other baseball uniform.

What's wrong with Fizzler? Better than my name which sounds like I made it in grade 4.
It’s pretty embarrassing when someone sees my browsing and sees my account name. I made this name in Grade 5 though and it was gonna be some self appointed nickname but then I realised it sounded s**t.
I’d probably change it to something based around my real name since a lot of you guys know my real name or something.
Urban Dictionary. NOW.
Would not be opposed to that idea. Solid double meaning.
Chris Creamer just isn't very interesting.

The best example is going into their 'crazy uniforms that worked' thread and it's like, a bunch of baseball uniforms that look exactly the same as every ******* other baseball uniform.
Not to mention the UI is kinda boring there and they don’t really have many design comps if any.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I lurk on it a fair bit, but it's mainly just discussion (some of which is interesting), there isn't as much original work on it as there is on here

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins

Would agree. We're lucky we have such good moderators on our board. On CCSLC there also isn't much feedback for average designers- they just get told that their work is rubbish rather than constructively helping them and allowing them to improve over time like what we have here.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It’s pretty embarrassing when someone sees my browsing and sees my account name. I made this name in Grade 5 though and it was gonna be some self appointed nickname but then I realised it sounded s**t.
I’d probably change it to something based around my real name since a lot of you guys know my real name or something.
I'll call you Fizzy from now on then :) sound cooler?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back