Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Chris Creamer just isn't very interesting.

The best example is going into their 'crazy uniforms that worked' thread and it's like, a bunch of baseball uniforms that look exactly the same as every ******* other baseball uniform.
being american centric sucks too because american sports culture sucks

being american centric sucks too because american sports culture sucks
Exactly. When it comes to sports they're too stuck in their ways. So much so that they have the MLS with March to October seasons, East and West conferences, an All-Star game (not opposed to this FWIW) and lots of other weird things.

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Maybe not the place to ask but in this day and age why do MCC members have to physically queue up outside the ground?

Seems ludicrous considering it's such a prestige membership at circa $700/year. They were there 4 hours before the Richmond Hawthorn game.

I know there are full and restricted MCC members, can full members reserve a seat and restricted can't?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Maybe not the place to ask but in this day and age why do MCC members have to physically queue up outside the ground?

Seems ludicrous considering it's such a prestige membership at circa $700/year. They were there 4 hours before the Richmond Hawthorn game.

I know there are full and restricted MCC members, can full members reserve a seat and restricted can't?
Queuing up to get in is the fairest, most egalitarian & inclusive system possible.
It implies nothing, whether that be internet access, availability at the time tickets go one sale, type of membership etc.
It simply says this: if you want a good seat, on the day of the game, get here before everyone else on the day of the game.
It doesn't cost any extra, it's not open to some and not others.
You make the effort, you will be rewarded.
If only we taught in schools the life lessons you get from queuing for entry to the MCC Members.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Does anyone know how to tell a 2016 Freo PI vs a 2017 one? It's an away guernsey

Hoping I picked up a Barlow today for $30 but I took a chance knowing it could be a Hamling.(which I'm still happy with)

eza316 I think you're the expert?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Come again?
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gwvs

Debutant
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone know how to tell a 2016 Freo PI vs a 2017 one? It's an away guernsey

Hoping I picked up a Barlow today for $30 but I took a chance knowing it could be a Hamling.(which I'm still happy with)

eza316 I think you're the expert?

The sponsors, cut and thin shiny material are the same for Fremantle player issues from both those years. I have an Aaron Sandilands away jumper from each of those years and the only difference I can see is on the 2016 away jumper, the front section of the collar is made of a different, duller material from the rest of the jumper (cotton maybe?) While the 2017 has the whole collar made of the same shiny material as the rest of the jumper.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
G'day guys, a couple of things:

Looking for some cheap basketball jerseys. I'm doing this Basketball thingo with some mates in a couple months time, playing in the lower leagues so its just for fun. Anyway so I need some jerseys and I don't want to break the bank on them too much. If you know any places which do them for anywhere around $20 would be appreciated.

Secondly,

In my quest I found this website called Riverwest Sports. Wondering if anyone has possibly encountered this company before and if so, can you let me know if its sketchy or not?

Website doesn't have the secure lock which is a bit of a red flag, but then again its a small company so I could understand if it didn't have that.

Basically I'm asking someone to do a double-check for me on this website and sus it out bc I'm a bit oblivious to these kinds of scammy websites

http://www.riverwest.com.au/

The jerseys they have look pretty good for what they're worth... Perhaps too good. If you could please help me out I would be very thankful :)

G'day guys, a couple of things:

Looking for some cheap basketball jerseys. I'm doing this Basketball thingo with some mates in a couple months time, playing in the lower leagues so its just for fun. Anyway so I need some jerseys and I don't want to break the bank on them too much. If you know any places which do them for anywhere around $20 would be appreciated.

Secondly,

In my quest I found this website called Riverwest Sports. Wondering if anyone has possibly encountered this company before and if so, can you let me know if its sketchy or not?

Website doesn't have the secure lock which is a bit of a red flag, but then again its a small company so I could understand if it didn't have that.

Basically I'm asking someone to do a double-check for me on this website and sus it out bc I'm a bit oblivious to these kinds of scammy websites

http://www.riverwest.com.au/

The jerseys they have look pretty good for what they're worth... Perhaps too good. If you could please help me out I would be very thankful :)

I've had a look through the website, it's definitely not the most sketchy website I've seen, but a few red flags went up:
  • Firstly, there were a few hyperlinks missing at the bottom of the page
  • Secondly, there were a few minor spelling and grammar errors
  • Third, the small image on the tab is a Weebly logo (although if they are a small company, tab images may cost extra)
  • Finally (and this is what I found the most troubling), the mock ups of the designs appear to be sourced from a variety of of different places, other sportswear manufacturers such as TWP tend to have a uniform look with their mockups. It's worrying that they may have just pulled a bunch of designs from other sites and are now trying to flog them off
They seem like small errors, but your bigger and more trustworthy companies would not make these mistakes

To counter, however, there are some reviews of the company on productreview.com.au which mostly state how good the company is, which is a good sign. Although, there are a few negative reviews in the Q&A section, where they were disinterested in exchanges once they received their money, which is not a good sign.

My honest opinion is that this joint is a bit unreliable and a bit of a scam, so I would steer clear. I'm not sure where you will be able to get jerseys any cheaper unfortunately, but Google searching 'sublimated basketball jerseys' and under search tools changing the country settings from 'Any country' to 'Country: Australia' should help narrow down the results. Just be on the lookout for the telltale signs of a scam and offers that seem too good to be true. Hope I was able to help :)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Riverwest ain't a scam. Their website sucks but their product and service is very decent for the price. I used them once before for a social team and so has El_Scorcho. Be aware though that the cheaper mesh round-neck ones are very light and almost see-through.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 570452
Can anyone identify this guernsey please? I did some research and came up with some sort of NT underage rep team but I wasnt even close to 100% sure about that hence the question here!

That’s an old AFL Kickstart logo in the middle which is the name of an indigenous pathway program. So I think you’re spot on the money there. Given the sewn AFL badge I would estimate it to be from around 2000-2001

That’s an old AFL Kickstart logo in the middle which is the name of an indigenous pathway program. So I think you’re spot on the money there. Given the sewn AFL badge I would estimate it to be from around 2000-2001
I hope being an expert on AFL jumpers is in your Tindr bio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back