AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I'm pretty handy with the pen tool after using it for a bit now, but it doesn't create a vector on Photoshop, just a really high quality edge which is alright I guess. I believe I need Illustrator for vectors?
Illustrator is where you make the vector in the first place.
It's the best software for anything 2D, like a logo or a jumper.
Photoshop is best for 3D like a photo or photo realistic version of a jumper.
I find I don't need Photoshop, I only use Illustrator.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I'm pretty handy with the pen tool after using it for a bit now, but it doesn't create a vector on Photoshop, just a really high quality edge which is alright I guess. I believe I need Illustrator for vectors?
Trace your shape in PS with the pen tool then hit the shape button in the top left corner. Voila, a vector shape in Photoshop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
You can definitely do vectors on photoshop, it's just not quite as powerful as illustrator as illustrator is specifically made for that purpose. I do all of my logos using the pen tool to create vectors on photoshop.

The Victorian

Victorian Sporting Tragic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm, Adidas
Good Afternoon everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

Just a question and opinions:
What template looks best and that i should use for my designing?
A
upload_2018-11-15_16-28-48.png

B
upload_2018-11-15_16-29-14.png

C
upload_2018-11-15_16-30-42.png

D
upload_2018-11-15_16-31-2.png

I have no idea which ones better they are all great so thanks to magpienato dylan Shokunin for the templates :)

just_kick_it

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

sjohnson

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt, East Perth, Chelsea FC
Anyone know how I can go about vectorising this logo?
View attachment 584499
Sounds like you already know how to use the pen tool, but vectors can definitely be made in Photoshop. Just click 'shape' once you've made the path (somewhere near the top-left of the screen) :)

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #4,121
out of general curiosity, what's everyone's largest guernsey portfolio? i've started on one that has developed in my head which will total about 150 individual guernseys (home, away, clash, etc.).

i got about halfway through my first one before my studies got in the way of my spare time. just wondering if i'm correct in thinking i'm in way over my head? haha

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
out of general curiosity, what's everyone's largest guernsey portfolio? i've started on one that has developed in my head which will total about 150 individual guernseys (home, away, clash, etc.).

i got about halfway through my first one before my studies got in the way of my spare time. just wondering if i'm correct in thinking i'm in way over my head? haha
There is probably a pretty wide range on here. Some people are really prolific and do lots of large portfolios, others keep it smaller but generally more detailed.

I guess it depends on how much you want to put into each entry in the portfolio.

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

Mine is this one: www.footyjumpers.com
It's every jumper ever used in an official game.
I think I am way over my head.

Top Bottom