Discussion Question and Answer Thread

flaps

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Looking for the Channel Ten "Gone Cold" or "Running Hot" or whatever they were called from a decade ago if anyone has them? I can't see any screenshots of it online anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victorian

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Just trying to plan out what comps I am planning to enter so I can start thinking out some identities.
Is there like a list of comps with dates/months they are run?

exile

Premium Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Is there like a website to make wikis that look like wikpedia in the presentation form?
not sure, but if you're on chrome (i think firefox has a similar feature) you can use "right click -> inspect" to edit the text/images/formatting on webpages, i'd give that a try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andonis1997

All-Round Good Guy
Jun 24, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Hellas
Can anyone tell me why these premiership retail jumpers have different tags? Both purchased from Eagles store?
That's how ISC do things. I've seen 3 different tags at work. The first one is the 2019 version (which NB and XBlades has adopted too, so it might be a new AFL style) and the second one is 2018's version.

Sparkle

*looks at camera*
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, MELR, UTA, MCI
That's how ISC do things. I've seen 3 different tags at work. The first one is the 2019 version (which NB and XBlades has adopted too, so it might be a new AFL style) and the second one is 2018's version.
Cotton On used the 2019 tag in 2018, this is from a 2018 PI:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 1.34.06 pm.png

Not sure why CO used it this year and the others didn't, possibly a notification went out to clubs about a new tag and CO jumped the gun?

Sparkle

*looks at camera*
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, MELR, UTA, MCI
This is on Facebook Marketplace in Melbourne, what the?

Gibbsy I'm pretty sure that's a pre season jumper? Gibs will know
I feel like I remember seeing this discussed in the footyjumpers.com thread ages ago, and if I recall correctly some expert sleuthing work determined it was worn during a late-90s preseason match

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
I feel like I remember seeing this discussed in the footyjumpers.com thread ages ago, and if I recall correctly some expert sleuthing work determined it was worn during a late-90s preseason match
Haha, we spent so long trying to work out what that sponsor was. Literally nearly a decade's worth of sleuthing. It was a shorts sponsor though and not worn on the guernsey. I reckon this might be from even prior to that first pre-season competition.

Note the rip on the guernsey and how crudely it's been patched up too.

Sparkle

*looks at camera*
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, MELR, UTA, MCI
Haha, we spent so long trying to work out what that sponsor was. Literally nearly a decade's worth of sleuthing. It was a shorts sponsor though and not worn on the guernsey. I reckon this might be from even prior to that first pre-season competition.

I knew I'd seen that logo somewhere! I actually reckon it was from the pre-season, however. Just had a quick look on AFL Photos and found this from the 1997 Ansett Cup match vs Fremantle:

Munners

Debutant
Apr 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ah yep I should have searched it thanks Gibbsy, here's some links to those posts
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/www-footyjumpers-com.808450/page-276#post-57108952
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/www-footyjumpers-com.808450/page-277#post-57121498

Top Bottom