Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are everywhere in tasmania.
Yeah, they sell them at Best and Less here, the guernseys are still like 70 bucks, why wouldn't you just spend 20 bucks more for an official guernsey?

Kmart have been selling a crappy fake version of the new Port guernsey since not long after the new year, and we're still waiting for the official one, apparently until may or june.

I am currently making a Official Jumper Guide, like aidancdaman's, for the SANFL. Does anyone have access to the Photoshop colour codes for the SANFL teams??

Mero Im looking at you:)

ATM Im am just getting the colours off the logos and Ive just done Central's and their red looks like a pinky sorta colour and I dont think this is right.

BTW I dont want just anyone to try and guess the colours by looking at photos or sampling logo/photos and thinking "that's close enough".

They're not. I saw them at some crappy sports store a couple of weeks ago.

KMartGuernseys.png

Got this out of the Record. Sorry about the size of the image. I downsized it just in case it screwed up the page alignment. These jumpers on the right page?

KMartGuernseys.png

Got this out of the Record. Sorry about the size of the image. I downsized it just in case it screwed up the page alignment. These jumpers on the right page?
They're not really that bad, if I was a Port supporter, I would buy one of these while I wait for the official new ones.

The only thing I don't like about them is that (as mentioned) the logos are sewn on, they look really crappy to be honest. At least they are produced by the AFL rather than cheap rip offs at Dimmeys or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is good idea. I was going to post the following question in Create a Guernsey but now here's a better spot. :)

Just a bit of a quiz question that I would like someone to answer withuout searching any resources. Why is the coloured part around the neck on Melbourne's and other jumpers called a yoke??

A Yoke is a whatsit or thingumibob. It's anything whose proper name or use is unknown. Probably invented purely to evoke the above question. :p

Nah it was named that because the wooden beam between a pair of oxen (plural for ox) is called a yoke and it goes over their neck. Oxen and yokes are used to pull carts, wagons and farming machinery. It was explained to me in class but I cant remember the explanation word for word now

Nah it was named that because the wooden beam between a pair of oxen (plural for ox) is called a yoke and it goes over their neck. Oxen and yokes are used to pull carts, wagons and farming machinery. It was explained to me in class but I cant remember the explanation word for word now

I thought you were supposed to give a wrong answer.
Yes, a yoke can mean something of burden. So why do Aussie Rules teams choose this style? The yoke is probably (followed by the sash ) the style you would most associate with Australian Football.

KMartGuernseys.png

Yeh thre is no Melbourne or Sydney and some of the designs are inaccurate. Port's vees are positioned wrong, Freo's anchor is way off and Essendon and Richmond's sashes are up to s**t. No wonder they are being sold for $50 at K-Mart

Hawthorn's stripes going all the way around, Adelaide still having curvy lines near bottom :confused: I could nitpick all day. For something "Official AFL" I'm surprised it's that far off.

I'm interested in what that small text next to the '$49' says... can you zoom in, and crop it so it's just the AFL jumpers part?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back