Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you possibly buy however many plain hoodies without the lettering and get that stitched on or whatever separately? I know a place called Dots Per Inch did similar embroidery in Melbourne (Southland) but don't know if they are still around.

May work out cheaper.

Almost certainly, and I could go that way if I wanted to get say, Adidas or Nike hoodies and get the lettering put onto them. I'd almost certainly end up with a better quality product, but i'd be paying ~$70 for a hoodie before I even looked at lettering. The generic branded hoodies that these places tend to source from are much cheaper.

There is a place in Adelaide i'm going to email with an enquiry, but I wont complete an order until i've been down to actually try one of the hoodies on.

I'm hoping to get it done for less than $60 per person. We have a bit of "team" money saved up, because it's $44 per team per game and we always just get everyone to pay $10, so if we have one on the bench we'll have $16 spare each game. We're going to use some of that to supplement the cost. We're going to get some done for wives and girlfriends as well as players.

I'm looking to buy adobe illustrator. Can anyone suggest a place where I can get a good price on it?

Depends whether you're a student and also whether you want Creative Cloud (updated regularly but a subscription service, which means you never own the software and it stops working as soon as you stop paying monthly) or Creative Suite (yours to keep but hasn't been updated since 2012 and won't be updated again)

Personally I would choose Creative Suite because I prefer that peace of mind but it's up to you.

Depends whether you're a student and also whether you want Creative Cloud (updated regularly but a subscription service, which means you never own the software and it stops working as soon as you stop paying monthly) or Creative Suite (yours to keep but hasn't been updated since 2012 and won't be updated again)

Personally I would choose Creative Suite because I prefer that peace of mind but it's up to you.
Thanks for that info. Do you know of many places where you can buy it?

Thanks for that info. Do you know of many places where you can buy it?
JB HI FI
Officeworks
The Good Guys
or
Directly from adobe

Has anybody got a big paint template like 2000x3000
Thanks

This is my template from the world heavyweight championship division thing.

You might need to move the back of the shorts to the left a tad, just to centre it. Enjoy.
Paint Template.png

This is my template from the world heavyweight championship division thing.

You might need to move the back of the shorts to the left a tad, just to centre it. Enjoy.
View attachment 95473
Does that need to be downsized or can it be left like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are heat pressed numbers on footy jumpers permanent?

Theres a jumper that Ive seen for sale and judging from the photos it has heat pressed numbers on the back and one looks like it has a old yellowish tinge and the other looks brand new. May just be the lighting in the photo but it is a fair hike from home to just go have a look unfortunately.

If I was to buy this jumper would I be able to remove the numbers, or get them removed by a professional without causing too much damage or having too much crap left over?

Are heat pressed numbers on footy jumpers permanent?

Theres a jumper that Ive seen for sale and judging from the photos it has heat pressed numbers on the back and one looks like it has a old yellowish tinge and the other looks brand new. May just be the lighting in the photo but it is a fair hike from home to just go have a look unfortunately.

If I was to buy this jumper would I be able to remove the numbers, or get them removed by a professional without causing too much damage or having too much crap left over?

In my experience heat pressed numbers that are peeling off will leave a bit of their colour behind.

I have a 1999 Aston Villa shirt that used to have Ian Taylor's name and number on it. The 7 is completely gone but you can still see where it was because there is a whiteish discoloured patch.

I wouldn't recommend banking on being able to remove numbers.

Why did you want to do it?

In my experience heat pressed numbers that are peeling off will leave a bit of their colour behind.

I have a 1999 Aston Villa shirt that used to have Ian Taylor's name and number on it. The 7 is completely gone but you can still see where it was because there is a whiteish discoloured patch.

I wouldn't recommend banking on being able to remove numbers.

Why did you want to do it?
Thanks. After I asked the question, I did a bit of my own research and there was a few people that said soaking the sporting top (not necessarily footy guernseys though) in acetone will help the heat pressed number start to peel off, but they did warn that there might be some discolouring where the number was positioned due to the part under the number not being exposed to the light/sun/elements where as the rest is and fades etc.

There was a Port guernsey for sale and it looked from the photo that it had heat pressed numbers and one was old and yellow but the other was brand new (may have just been the lighting in the photo though). Its no biggie now because the guernsey was sold pending payment by the time i inquired anyway :(

how or what sites do you create your guernseys on ?
Welcome to BigFooty and the Footy Jumpers board.

Have a look through the list of tutorials to help you get started, also the Universal Template Thread will have all the templates that you require.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask. We are here to help.

lol i started with decent designs, they where shocking.......
View attachment 98174
looks-fine-to-me.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back