Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you plan on adding a 'Training Jumpers' section on the website sometime down the track?
No. They belong on footytrainingjumpers.com
I believe someone else plans to register that

Would anybody by chance now how I could go about allowing the colour on the layer underneath a transparent layer to be impeded by said transparent layer?
(Both reds are the exact same)

upload_2018-11-13_19-32-6.png

upload_2018-11-13_19-33-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-13_19-33-30.png
    upload_2018-11-13_19-33-30.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 101

Last edited:
I'm pretty handy with the pen tool after using it for a bit now, but it doesn't create a vector on Photoshop, just a really high quality edge which is alright I guess. I believe I need Illustrator for vectors?
Illustrator is where you make the vector in the first place.
It's the best software for anything 2D, like a logo or a jumper.
Photoshop is best for 3D like a photo or photo realistic version of a jumper.
I find I don't need Photoshop, I only use Illustrator.

I'm pretty handy with the pen tool after using it for a bit now, but it doesn't create a vector on Photoshop, just a really high quality edge which is alright I guess. I believe I need Illustrator for vectors?
Trace your shape in PS with the pen tool then hit the shape button in the top left corner. Voila, a vector shape in Photoshop.

You can definitely do vectors on photoshop, it's just not quite as powerful as illustrator as illustrator is specifically made for that purpose. I do all of my logos using the pen tool to create vectors on photoshop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey everyone just a question regarding using the clipping mask tool,

whenever i select it, it does nothing- it actually diapers. Any ideas why?

hey everyone just a question regarding using the clipping mask tool,

whenever i select it, it does nothing- it actually diapers. Any ideas why?
Have you got the layers the right way around?

out of general curiosity, what's everyone's largest guernsey portfolio? i've started on one that has developed in my head which will total about 150 individual guernseys (home, away, clash, etc.).

i got about halfway through my first one before my studies got in the way of my spare time. just wondering if i'm correct in thinking i'm in way over my head? haha

out of general curiosity, what's everyone's largest guernsey portfolio? i've started on one that has developed in my head which will total about 150 individual guernseys (home, away, clash, etc.).

i got about halfway through my first one before my studies got in the way of my spare time. just wondering if i'm correct in thinking i'm in way over my head? haha

There is probably a pretty wide range on here. Some people are really prolific and do lots of large portfolios, others keep it smaller but generally more detailed.

I guess it depends on how much you want to put into each entry in the portfolio.

Mine is this one: www.footyjumpers.com
It's every jumper ever used in an official game.
I think I am way over my head.

i know this has nothing to do with footy jumper designs but can someone tell me how to private message people on here :)

i know this has nothing to do with footy jumper designs but can someone tell me how to private message people on here :)
Click on their username, then click start a conversation.
upload_2018-11-26_17-33-46.png upload_2018-11-26_17-34-17.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back