Discussion Question and Answer Thread

out of general curiosity, what's everyone's largest guernsey portfolio? i've started on one that has developed in my head which will total about 150 individual guernseys (home, away, clash, etc.).

i got about halfway through my first one before my studies got in the way of my spare time. just wondering if i'm correct in thinking i'm in way over my head? haha
Discrim pops in every once in a while and makes US college footy jumpers (since he’s from there) and made heaps, but Photobucket took most of his images sadly. Reckon there’s over 100 teams so far and he did 3 jumpers for each. Was called Discrims Footy Factory if you can find it.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Discrim pops in every once in a while and makes US college footy jumpers (since he’s from there) and made heaps, but Photobucket took most of his images sadly. Reckon there’s over 100 teams so far and he did 3 jumpers for each. Was called Discrims Footy Factory if you can find it.
that's sick, might have a look for it! you know you're entering a dark time in internet history when you see that 404 photobucket placeholder image.

Anyone know where to find past sponsors for the SANFL/WAFL/Tassie leagues over the years/QAFL and so on? Mero Fizzler do you know?
Haven’t found any official resource, but the methods I used for my portfolio were usually footy cards, footy records and if I couldn’t find any watching videos on SA/WA Football Archives YouTube. If there was no sponsor on the jumper (very common in SA in the 80s) I’d get a company that was on the side of the ground sponsors.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone know where to find past sponsors for the SANFL/WAFL/Tassie leagues over the years/QAFL and so on? Mero Fizzler do you know?
I know the Port Adelaide FC wiki page has sponsors listed all the way back to the 70s or 80s when they started being put on the guernseys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Hi guys!

I am having trouble loading up Photoshop. When I go to open a file, it comes up as an error saying Scratch Disc is full. What do I do?

Does anyone recon Geelong essentially copied Georgetown Hoyas 'G' logo?

Georgetown
GTWZDH0040_full.jpg

Geelong
IMG_20181208_182920.jpg

Top part of the G has been changed but middle and end are near identical....real original Cats.

Does anyone recon Geelong essentially copied Georgetown Hoyas 'G' logo?

Georgetown
View attachment 593404
Geelong
View attachment 593405
Top part of the G has been changed but middle and end are near identical....real original Cats.

I'd say the similarities between Georgetown and Geelong are completely a coincidence. The Georgetown 'G' is used on its own as a logo, their secondary logo is a cartoon bulldog. Geelong's 'G' comes directly from the 'Geelong' part of the logo, and is still primarily a secondary logo (although since Cotton On took over its use has been growing steadily). It would be more suspicious if the primary Geelong logo was identical to the primary Georgetown logo

There's definitely similarities between the Georgetown and Geelong 'G's, but I don't suspect any foul play, just their application and stylisation is similar

I'd say the similarities between Georgetown and Geelong are completely a coincidence. The Georgetown 'G' is used on its own as a logo, their secondary logo is a cartoon bulldog. Geelong's 'G' comes directly from the 'Geelong' part of the logo, and is still primarily a secondary logo (although since Cotton On took over its use has been growing steadily). It would be more suspicious if the primary Geelong logo was identical to the primary Georgetown logo

There's definitely similarities between the Georgetown and Geelong 'G's, but I don't suspect any foul play, just their application and stylisation is similar
I don't think I remember seeing for the first 8 or so years since the current logo was introduced, sounds like pretty long game to try and steal a secondary logo to me.

I don't think I remember seeing for the first 8 or so years since the current logo was introduced, sounds like pretty long game to try and steal a secondary logo to me.

That's right, ISC were using this Cat from our secondary, more professional logo (which should become the primary logo in my opinion - it's far better than the primary logo):

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 8.04.22 pm.png

With the move to Cotton On, the use of the Cat was dropped (which was disappointing) and the 'G' has taken over. The 'G' has been in the logo since the end of 2007, but only in a secondary and/or tertiary position since 2017

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 8.09.45 pm.png

When are the Board Awards going up? I'm itching to nominate some of you lovely bastards :)

I'll start the awards up in the new year, once the board transition has happened.

Back