Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Sponsors.gif

Port-Sponsors-Backs.gif
Nice! There will more than likely be another update later on today! ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you backs for every team?
Getting there.
Only Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong (wont' take long), Hawthorn, Gold Coast & GWS to go.
For the others, go to the Sponsor page on the website and add -Backs between Sponsors and .gif

Hey everyone,

A few weeks a go I posted here about Scratch Disk problems. Now I can't even save anything. I really need help. I tried searching how to fix it and did as was instructed but it still never worked. If anyone is willing to help me it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hey guys I have a few different 90s jumpers with different neck tags and jock tags, is there a post or a thread with dates corresponding to the tags?

A little while ago, someone did up a long list of upcoming anniversaries. It went up to about 2030. I've tried searching but either too little or too much comes up. Any ideas?

A little while ago, someone did up a long list of upcoming anniversaries. It went up to about 2030. I've tried searching but either too little or too much comes up. Any ideas?

I have a feeling Grandsun posted the list, but I'm not certain

Just found a yellow Carlton guernsey in an Op Shop. Looks like a training jumper. Number was sublimated and looked well used. Had a massive Maine logo on the front. Looks like mid 90's as it has the old AFL logo. Signed by a lot of players. I will post pics when I get it (Didn't have coin on me so picking it up tomorrow). Anyone know much about it?

Just found a yellow Carlton guernsey in an Op Shop. Looks like a training jumper. Number was sublimated and looked well used. Had a massive Maine logo on the front. Looks like mid 90's as it has the old AFL logo. Signed by a lot of players. I will post pics when I get it (Didn't have coin on me so picking it up tomorrow). Anyone know much about it?

Found this photo from 2002 which shows the Mayne logo is sewn over the top of an existing sponsor. It's probably the same as yours.

So it's interesting that they were still using guernseys with the old AFL logo on the front for as long as three years after it was replaced.

131509.jpg

See also this photo from August 2000, which features a blue variant with the old AFL logo on the front. There's a white one too. I'm gonna take a stab and guess that your yellow guernsey is the same, with a big Mayne logo sewn over the Hyundai logo on both the front and back.

150835.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 641456

View attachment 641457

Picked this up from an op shop in Fitzroy yesterday. All sublimated with that nice Adidas material of the late 2000s with the tiny little squares.

Can anyone shed any light on what this is? Was it just a promo for some Coke thing?
I think I spoke to someone about this once who had one, pretty much - I think there maybe was a little match (fun curtain rasier sort of thing) in the pre match against a red team

View attachment 641456

View attachment 641457

Picked this up from an op shop in Fitzroy yesterday. All sublimated with that nice Adidas material of the late 2000s with the tiny little squares.

Can anyone shed any light on what this is? Was it just a promo for some Coke thing?

I think I spoke to someone about this once who had one, pretty much - I think there maybe was a little match (fun curtain rasier sort of thing) in the pre match against a red team

I've seen a Powerade version of this same style jumper floating around, I think cannavo may have had it. Around that time CCA were really heavily involved in the AFL so scratch matches like these with Coke and Powerade jumpers are likely to have occurred

View attachment 641456

View attachment 641457

it's not just a random guernsey that was thrown together for one of those promo entrants into the grand final sprint or something like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back