Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 670464

Can someone please explain this photo to me?? It was used on the AFL site today, in the story about the greatest NSW team. What cup is he holding?? It looks to say premiers trophy across the top, and is clearly not the normal premiership cup?? It's supposedly from the 1985 GF?
That is the 1985 Premiership Cup, it's just that he's holding it on a weird angle.
The gold leaf around the bottom of the cup is the same, as is the base.

Yeah, point taken, the lack of ribbons on the handles, and no premiership medallion would suggest it was different.
It's not the 1990 Fosters Cup.
It's not 1984 VFL premiership
I can't think of anything else they won which Terry Daniher would have collected.

Last edited:
View attachment 670464

Can someone please explain this photo to me?? It was used on the AFL site today, in the story about the greatest NSW team. What cup is he holding?? It looks to say premiers trophy across the top, and is clearly not the normal premiership cup?? It's supposedly from the 1985 GF?

Very obscure and this took a bit of searching (no photo), but might it be this? From the Age, 15 March 1985:

1557444439507.png

Very obscure and this took a bit of searching (no photo), but might it be this? From the Age, 15 March 1985:

View attachment 670657

Fantastic searching Gibbsy, looks to be spot on. Especially the reference to the cup being 'almost as handsome as the VFL Premiership Cup itself'

Wonder if the cup is still on display somewhere at Windy Hill, I know the Cats have all of our obscure cups (NAB Cup, Carji Greeves etc.) on display in the Players Stand (seperate from the Premiership Cups in the Premiership Stand)

Anyone know the easiest way to get a logo into Vector or AI format? Getting some running shirts made up and need to get the logos into these formats to get them on the shirts but have been warned against using some programs as they'll take the image rights etc.
Cheers in advance.

Anyone know the easiest way to get a logo into Vector or AI format? Getting some running shirts made up and need to get the logos into these formats to get them on the shirts but have been warned against using some programs as they'll take the image rights etc.
Cheers in advance.

PM me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Port planning to wear that inaugural jumper for the whole of the 2020 season or just one or two games???

Why do state league jumpers have numbers on the front? They look stupid.

Because otherwise, there is a risk to the umpire's safety while craning their below average width necks around in order to view the number on a player's back when making a report.

Is there a list anywhere of which clubs home jumpers clash with which club? I'm assuming Adelaide is at the top of the list for the most?
That would make it too hard for the AFL to make things up on the fly! :p
It seems that it's everyone except Geelong and Port though. And WCE until this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back