Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This looks very similar (and quite well made might I just add), I think it should be perfect for what I need :thumbsu:
Yeah it might not be exact, but I think it's the closest you can possible get.

Cheers for that! Slowly moving my templates to InDesign, struggling to get the outline large letters to almost be 'masked' so they're nice and centred. If anyone has a clue yell out!

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Does anyone have a good quality or vector logo of the following please?

1597321436521.png
1597321460293.png
1597323449008.png

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I have a Vector Magic trace of the Foundation one, and that's the only one I'm afraid
Thanks Mero Appreciate it mate- whilst not perfect, I've made this one for the Shanghai game.... Will see what I can do but might be a bit difficult for the 2011 inaugural year logo seeing I don't have the correct fonts

1597360975111.png

Thanks Mero Appreciate it mate- whilst not perfect, I've made this one for the Shanghai game.... Will see what I can do but might be a bit difficult for the 2011 inaugural year logo seeing I don't have the correct fonts

View attachment 934929
Write to the club, they probably have it on file they can send you

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
I just saw the quality fancyscum portfolio "Fancyscum's AFL" for the first time. Guess I wasn't online when it dropped in 2018.

It occurs to me that some good portfolios have probably got lost in the sands of time, long since disappearing behind newer threads. Basically everything that didn't make the hall of fame.

Imagine if you could have a small icon (like the little medals/badges) in your avatar area to link to your best portfolio. Or it would also be rad if people did this in their sigs.

I guess people are free to do whatever they like with their own work including leaving it sitting in old threads surrounded by pages of comments but I feel like there must be a better way, like the small icon or maybe a repository of pdfs.

I know there is that part of the profile where you can enter your own website address but it's too buried away.

Last edited:
I just saw the quality fancyscum portfolio "Fancyscum's AFL" for the first time. Guess I wasn't online when it dropped in 2018.

It occurs to me that some good portfolios have probably got lost in the sands of time, long since disappearing behind newer threads. Basically everything that didn't make the hall of fame.

Imagine if you could have a small icon (like the little medals/badges) in your avatar area to link to your best portfolio. Or it would also be rad if people did this in their sigs.

I guess people are free to do whatever they like with their own work including leaving it sitting in old threads surrounded by pages of comments but I feel like there must be a better way, like the small icon or maybe a repository of pdfs.

I know there is that part of the profile where you can enter your own website address but it's too buried away.

One idea I floated that you and I discussed recently was a stickied repository of all completed portfolios, for ease of access to everyone old and new.

Something I’ll probably look at sorting in the next few months, unless you would prefer to. :)

Mac or windows? Getting a new laptop so keen on your thoughts
Really depends on a bunch of different factors. Budget, what you use it for, what other devices you use, etc. so without all that sort of info, you can't have a definitive answer.

My last two machines have been macs and have served me very well. my former one lasted almost a decade with a few minor repairs needed and I have had my new one for about a year and am really enjoying it. Really like the way that it works with all my other apple devices (iphone, ipad and airpods) and have been quite impressed by the touchbar and the trackpad which is by far and away the best I've used.

Must say though, when I was looking at a new laptop last year, was really impressed with how far windows has come, not quite as daggy as the Ruddbook that I had back in high school. Was seriously contemplating a few options in the on the windows side.

Biggest piece of advice I would give though is, if you can, wait until retail opens back up and you can see the different devices in person before you buy, there were definitely some options I had on my list that looked good on paper, but when I had a look at and got hands on with them in a store, I changed my mind.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Really depends on a bunch of different factors. Budget, what you use it for, what other devices you use, etc. so without all that sort of info, you can't have a definitive answer.

My last two machines have been macs and have served me very well. my former one lasted almost a decade with a few minor repairs needed and I have had my new one for about a year and am really enjoying it. Really like the way that it works with all my other apple devices (iphone, ipad and airpods) and have been quite impressed by the touchbar and the trackpad which is by far and away the best I've used.

Must say though, when I was looking at a new laptop last year, was really impressed with how far windows has come, not quite as daggy as the Ruddbook that I had back in high school. Was seriously contemplating a few options in the on the windows side.

Biggest piece of advice I would give though is, if you can, wait until retail opens back up and you can see the different devices in person before you buy, there were definitely some options I had on my list that looked good on paper, but when I had a look at and got hands on with them in a store, I changed my mind.
In terms of downloading and fonts etc can you get fonts or does it have to be Apple fonts?

Mac or windows? Getting a new laptop so keen on your thoughts

Whichever you’re comfortable with. Both have pros and cons, it’s a matter of personal taste.

As Fancy suggested, I’d wait until your lockdown is lifted and go around to your computing/tech stores and try them out, find out what works for you.

If you’re after graphics editing capabilities though, you’re gonna need a decent processor, plenty of RAM and a great GFX card. 👍

Whichever you’re comfortable with. Both have pros and cons, it’s a matter of personal taste.

As Fancy suggested, I’d wait until your lockdown is lifted and go around to your computing/tech stores and try them out, find out what works for you.

If you’re after graphics editing capabilities though, you’re gonna need a decent processor, plenty of RAM and a great GFX card. 👍
I'm interested in upgrading my 28.8 kilobaud internet connection to a 1.5 megabit fiber optic T1 line. Will you be able to provide an IP router that's compatible with my token ring ethernet LAN configuration?

Yeah, I probably didn't stress this enough in my original post The Victorian, but this is a big part of it. The main reason behind my decision when I upgraded was that I was much more comfortable with the mac OS, having used both in the past. You'll get the best out of the machine that is most intuitive to you.

Has an NHL Jersey and Expansion Portfolio ever been on BigFooty before?
Bacon Warrior had a great NHL redesign portfolio a few years back

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Bacon Warrior had a great NHL redesign portfolio a few years back
Fantastic! Thanks so much Fizzler can't wait to give it a look!

Back