Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Does anyone remember the name of the site that had the mockups of historical (association) football kits?
Historical kits is the one with the mockups (pretty sure it is English teams only though). Old football kits is photographs, but has more countries.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
There is a lot of talk about a new team coming into the AFL from Tassie. Added to that, I'm a staunch advocate for expansion into some other areas.

Therefore, has there been any thoughts on trying to create some jumper designs for the following possible new entities:

Tasmania
Sunshine Coast
North Brisbane
Central Coast
Illawarra
Canberra

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has there been a infographic map of the supporter areas for teams, more looking at the Melbourne area?

Not just the suburbs that are in the teams name, but the surrounding suburbs and train lines?

I'm not looking to do it, just interested in seeing one

Has there been a infographic map of the supporter areas for teams, more looking at the Melbourne area?

Not just the suburbs that are in the teams name, but the surrounding suburbs and train lines?

I'm not looking to do it, just interested in seeing one

Best I've seen.

Hi All,
I’m looking for someone who might be interested in designing a logo for a sporting team.
We’re called the 391 Spark and use colours of black and gold primarily.
Im really interested in what people can come up with!!
Hi mate, I saw you also posted in the logos thread too.

Sorry to run you around the ringer, but your best idea is to post a new thread here and outline exactly that you're after.

Any specifications, colour scheme, current logo (if you have one) how many variations and if any payment will be given out to the chosen winner (either financial or in some merch with the logo) and your selection process and general idea

A lot of professionals on here - but as much information as you can give them would be great

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

Sorry to run you around the ringer, but your best idea is to post a new thread here and outline exactly that you're after.

Any specifications, colour scheme, current logo (if you have one) how many variations and if any payment will be given out to the chosen winner (either financial or in some merch with the logo) and your selection process and general idea

A lot of professionals on here - but as much information as you can give them would be great

I sent him here TheLoungeLizard as it is probably best to do it in here rather than just starting a new thread as it would probably get lost within the other threads quickly especially with 3 league comps either running or about to kick off threads.

But the rest of the information would be helpful.

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne

Best I've seen.

I have seen that one, but I'm thinking something more basic.

Just showing the suburbs that are considered the supporter base to different clubs

Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Mount Buller Demons

Ive had a bit of a dig through the pages and not found anything I can reference for details.

I’ve got plenty in the way of detail around colour and a logo that we’ve used but if there is a similar post that I can look at to put up a legit request would be awesome.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Ive had a bit of a dig through the pages and not found anything I can reference for details.

I’ve got plenty in the way of detail around colour and a logo that we’ve used but if there is a similar post that I can look at to put up a legit request would be awesome.

Just give as much detail as you can in regards to what the design you want would look like (incuding showing what you have now) or at least a rough outline if you don't know exactly and are open to people trying different things, include the colours (as specific {the exact colour code} or general {e.g. and shade of green} as you want) that need to be used.

Also add if you want variations on the logo, or just the one single logo.

Finally add if there is some sort of payment/reward for the chosen design, and how the design will be chosen (is it a club vote, is it through a poll on here, etc).

Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Mount Buller Demons
Ok guys,

Here's all of the info I can gather.

I'm looking for a logo for a sporting team (that doesn't play sport - extra points for anyone who can read between the lines) Guidelines below.

Name: The 391 Spark
Colours: (P) Black (S) Yellow (T) Grey
The previous logo we used was this one. We have no IP on it as it was just a google image.
The logo will unlikely be used on any merchandise as it will predominately used online however could be in the future.
I have no predetermination of what I want it to look like, the more diverse the better. Each entry should have 2 variations.

Prize will be a 3SixT Gear 4k Camera (unfortunately without a box as it was part of a bulk purchase and the box is toast) OR a pair of Back Beat GO 3 wireless headphones (In a box but without the charging case for the same reason) OR a Blue Polar M400 watch delivered to any required address in Australia.

If there is somewhere else I can post this let me know, if it's worth making a competition thread I'll do that too.

EDIT: Any submissions will be narrowed to 3 by the BigFooty community and the final winner will be voted on by our 27 strong team.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sparks.PNG
    Sparks.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Does anyone know why there are inconsistencies with the uniform suppliers in the Olympics? Some nations such as Great Britain and Australia have the one supplier (Adidas then ASICS) for every sport but then there is some nations that have different supplier for different sports such as Japan, New Zealand. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Does anyone know why there are inconsistencies with the uniform suppliers in the Olympics? Some nations such as Great Britain and Australia have the one supplier (Adidas then ASICS) for every sport but then there is some nations that have different supplier for different sports such as Japan, New Zealand. Does anyone know why this is the case?

I am guessing it is how each Olympic committee does their licensing agreements, not just with the manufacturers, but also with each individual sporting body.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
Does anyone track which players wears long sleeve jumpers week by week?
Would love to know who is leading this year as I reckon Stepho from North would be right up there.
Career wise (Modern) it would be hard to go pass Tucky from Hawthorn who wore a longy the majority of his career but when it was hot would go back to a short sleeve.

Clarko would love to know who was on this list for future recruiting…. 😉

Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Mount Buller Demons
Does anyone track which players wears long sleeve jumpers week by week?
Would love to know who is leading this year as I reckon Stepho from North would be right up there.
Career wise (Modern) it would be hard to go pass Tucky from Hawthorn who wore a longy the majority of his career but when it was hot would go back to a short sleeve.

Clarko would love to know who was on this list for future recruiting…. 😉

Old mate Caleb would be up there…

Back