Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've lost all motivation for designing lately. Anyone got any tips for getting back into it?

I've lost all motivation for designing lately. Anyone got any tips for getting back into it?
Go on Dribbble and browse through other people's stuff.
Some will inspire. Some will inform.

Anyone know where I can find the full 2011 ej whitten legends game? Im trying to photo match a jumper but can’t find too many photos or videos.

I ripped these from a PDF years ago and have used them - you'll have to keyline them manually and add the "NRL" text at the bottom. You can get the NRL text from the SVG logo on the website.
Also, for those asking about the new NRL typography, it's a modified form of Roboto (freely available on Google Fonts). You can also extract most of the weights with a bit of DevTools and a WOFF to OTF/TTF converter from their website.

Hi all.

If anyone has a 2xl,3xl or Xl in a 2022 mens nike footy jumper could you please measure the item flat and pay the measurements? Buying for a relative and want to get it right.

Cheers

Hi All,

I would like to Post 'Guernsey Design' Competition Adelaide footy League Team - (PHOS Camden Phantoms)

PHOS CAMDEN PHANTOMS Home & Away Strip

I thought this would test a lot of your design skills given our mascot is very unique (Phantom 'superhero") and might appeal to some of you. I have attached our current home strip for reference and other graphics/ideas.

DESIGN BRIEF

Home Guernsey

• Must use Royal blue & Gold (same colors as WCE) with royal Blue being the predominant color.
  • Use gold sash & Phantom mask (the mask graphic we currently use bugs me as it just doesn't quite look right IMO.)

Away Guernsey

- Free license other than the Guernsey needs to be predominantly use our Gold color.

Prize
If there is enough interest I'd be happy to supply the 'design winner' (if design is utilised) a copy of the Guernsey.

Please see attached file for for reference

Current Home Guernsey
1666785778415.png

1666785834682.png

Away Strip Ideas

1666785888693.png

1666785941993.png

1666785999771.png

phantom graphics

1666786062853.png

Phos phantom T shirt-12 (1).png
1666786127728.png

1666786166568.jpeg

Hey guys,

Is anyone able to help me with a vector of this pattern? New Arsenal pre-match kit for reference

Cheers!

HA5280_02_laydown.jpg
Try this:

Save it to your Symbols (or open Illustrator and navigate to it via the Symbol Library Menu.)
You should be able to select one of the Dot Pattern Vectors that matches up reasonably closely
Make one of the arrows, then you should be able to copy them and change the colours.
Using this method I came up with this:
Bruised-Banana.gif
If you want this one it's here: Bruised Banana.ai

You probably need to move the gradient down to the bottom point of the arrow.

Last edited:
Try this:

Save it to your Symbols (or open Illustrator and navigate to it via the Symbol Library Menu.)
You should be able to select one of the Dot Pattern Vectors that matches up reasonably closely
Make one of the arrows, then you should be able to copy them and change the colours.
Using this method I came up with this:
View attachment 1548443
If you want this one it's here: Bruised Banana.ai

You probably need to move the gradient down to the bottom point of the arrow.
You're a champion. Will flick you a PM if I run into any strife

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, I am planning to set up a RL comp soon. Can someone tell me what I need to do in order for it to be allowed to run?

Probably getting a go ahead from the previous competition runner of the CCRC to not step on any toes. Then putting it in the competitions pinned thread, and getting a minimum of 10 likes to get the full go ahead.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and came up with nothing.

My junior's club (in WA) is looking at getting indigenous styled training shirts and have contracted a local Noongar artist to design. I have read up on the Freo jumper and the inclusion of the Sorry Day flower, the desert rose or native hibiscus, and just wondered if the AFL or other bodies like NAIDOC have any guidance on design of jumpers. I love the concept design that he's done so far and I'll share it here as soon as I can if anyone's interested.

So my question is, can we add the Sorry Day flower into our design or do we need to get it cleared by anyone official?

Out of curiousity, who would be interested in designing a little banner or otherwsie, any type of graphic to add to the Death List Game OP on the GD Board?

Ideally, something morbid yet positive ;)

I had no idea where to post this (already did in one of our threads but it seemed to not get much traction) figured here would be the right place for such attention to detail. It has nothing to do with jumpers though……

So I was at Eagles team store the other day, and they’ve got all 4 premiership cups out the front in the sort of lobby bit between the store and the little cafe. Had a quick look at them all. Then today I saw a video of some of the young players going to the WA museum which had (not sure if it’s still running) an exhibition about the 92 Flag. Worsfold’s jumper and medal, the game ball, and the cup. But I saw the cup at the club yesterday? Oh well, I guess it could’ve been a video from a few weeks ago. But then I looked closely at the cup in the video…….. it’s 100%, not the 1992 premiership cup! The engraving is wrong, the position of the gold leaf parts is wrong and it just doesn’t match any of the photos on AFL photos website from the day and the celebrations after. Here’s a photo of the cup on the day, and the one that was in the museum…
204239A8-F8D9-4A57-B70C-793E5232E5F3.jpeg
DEA898FE-1AB4-41C0-AD3E-D03BA601B598.jpeg

So then I looked on AFL photos at the night the eagles had the 1992 premiership reunion last season. The old players did a lap with the cup, waving to the crowd. They were holding this imposter cup. So my question is, would clubs get replicas made?? Like stash away the real one, and trot out the fake one for publicity stuff etc? It’s really odd, and I can’t figure out what’s going on??

Might just be a West Coast thing, as I thought I saw a few dings in Carlton's cups 🤷‍♂️ Though the older premierships (I think they were only to the 1960s) still seemed a little too nice to be the real thing.

TL;DR IDK.
The cup was first presented in 1959, so clubs that have older cups have had them made in the past couple of decades. Geelong’s 1963 cup (top right) looks old (it is) while the 1951-52 cups are new.

1674870526676.jpeg

Hi guys, another bit of assistance I'm after tracing a logo to a vector.

Still pretty amateur with the pen tool and just can't get it to a level I want. Even tried a sneaky auto trace + Vector Magic, but the circles look garbage.

Doesn not need the 'RGA' in the centre - can be left blank
Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 12.09.09 pm.png

Hi guys, another bit of assistance I'm after tracing a logo to a vector.

Still pretty amateur with the pen tool and just can't get it to a level I want. Even tried a sneaky auto trace + Vector Magic, but the circles look garbage.

Doesn not need the 'RGA' in the centre - can be left blank
View attachment 1603943
1675994806784.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back